Which AN Base nutes?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by HoodBotanist203, Jan 30, 2015.

1. I'm looking to buy some Advanced Nutrients with ph perfect technology. I'm not sure which are base nutes or which ones should I try since they have so much!! Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Just buy the grow and bloom (both and a an b) that's all you will need. Once you master those slowly move into additives.

3. I agree except for the additives part. Additives are junk and a waste of money. All you need is veg a and b and bloom a and b.
    I agree except for the additives part. Additives are junk and a waste of money. All you need is veg a and b and bloom a and b.

4. Ok thanks guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. none of the additives that focus on root development or the bloom additives increase yield? I was looking at the hobbist bundle which includes

• Big Bud - for improved weight, density and quality in flowers and fruits, Big Bud is applied through the peak flowering phase. The correct ratio of phosphorus to potassium along with a full spectrum L-amino complex ensures that rapidly developing blooms and fruits swell to their full size with added density. Big Bud also promotes better tastes, smells and essential contents in harvests.
    • B-52 - to prevent the effects of environmental stresses from reducing crop gains, a complete and balanced full spectrum of vitamins and other growth cofactors are supplied with applications of B-52. The multiple forms of B vitamins and other bio-available substances help plants to better process water and nutrients for growth without exhausting the plant. The ingredients in B-52 will stimulate better branched plants, bigger root systems and help to nourish beneficial microorganisms.
    • Voodoo Juice - is included to promote bigger root systems faster to support the demands of high producing crops. Voodoo Juice is not a fertilizer, and is a proprietary blend of laboratory-bred super bacteria that improve the health of the plant and the growing medium by colonizing and multiplying. Growers will have bigger root systems for better nutrient uptake, healthier plants and fewer cropping problems.
    • Overdrive - to achieve maximum fruit swell and blossom girth in the later flowering phase, Overdrive supplies ripening plants with the proper nutritional balance of phosphates, potassium, complexors, vitamins and other important cofactors. Plants near maturity make their biggest weight gains in the final weeks, and Overdrive helps to amplify and extend this natural process for bigger yields. The precise blend is also intended to improve color, fragrances, flavors and essential oil contents in flowers and fruits harvested.

6. I dont think any of those are worth the money. Ive been experimenting with AN for years and Ive come to the conclusion all you need is the A and B. Some of their additives may help some, but Ive not found their benefits to justify the price and its mostly just marketing mumbo jumbo. For instance, big bud and overdrive are PK boosters. You dont need to boost PK that much during flower if you are giving it a solid bases, your plant uses what it uses and ignores the rest, as long as your PH and nute strength are within a certain range your good and AN PH perfect takes care of the PH part. Voodoo juice is beni bacteria product, that helps if you use soil, but if you use soil you dont need to be using these nute bundles. There are also cheaper beni bacteria products like great white, but beni's are primarily used to break the soil down and make the nutes accessible to the plant, you dont need that in hydro. B52 doesnt do much either, might help with transplant shock but if your careful you dont need it, but all B vitamins dont help that much and who cares about feeding beni's in hydro? 

My suggestion is to just buy the A and B for grow and veg and save your money. The two other products I like and somewhat recomend, but still only occasionally buy, are Rhino Skin for stronger branches, and Root Exculator from House and Garden which is a root hormone. 

My last run was done in 100% coco, only using AN Coco A&B, gravity feed blumat drippers with zero run off and no flushing. It was fantastic with a great yield.

My philosophy in growing is your seed/cutting contains 100% of your plants potential and you cant make your plant any better, you can only make it worse. So create the perfect environment with as little stress as possible and let it be the best it can. 

7. Thanks, GOOD to hear. You recomend sensi A and B over their PH perfect Micro, grow and bloom?

8. #8 donkiez, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015

This is exactly what i use and the one for bloom and veg also. Coco blend

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Nutrients-Perfect-Sensi-Bloom/dp/B00G0ANJNE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423155474&sr=8-1&keywords=advanced+nutrients+coco

This is what I use to use and it works for coco also but better for other types of hydro set ups.

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Nutrients-Perfect-Sensi-Bloom/dp/B00CEIVZHI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423155530&sr=8-1&keywords=advanced+nutrients+sensi+a

Also if you use 100% coco you need a cal/mg to either pretreat your coco or to boost it for the first few feedings for all transplants into new coco........ One more coco tip is that you can shake off the roots and reuse it up to 3 times, just keep an eye out for fungus gnats.