Where's Waldo, Part II

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Dewave, Feb 11, 2008.

1. OK, I figured I'd start my own grow journal since I have been lurking for 2 years on various forums and most of my information has come from GC. So I figured I'd show what GC has done for me and probably others.

Currently, I am growing AK-47, I have seedlings from ICE, White widow, Chronic Bud, Big Bud, Bubblegum, Crystal.

I have a stealth 5 x 10 room with a 3 x 3 grow room that I use for banzai's, cloning, supplies and my reservoirs. The rest of the room is for flowering.

I use autopots with coco fiber and perlite or vermiculite at 50/50 ratios.

Nutes are GH using the lucas formula even thou it was not specified for this type of grow. I also supplement with barricade, kool bloom and bud blood.

Lights are (2) 600 watt digitals from HTG with grow bright bulbs in the flowering area. And (3) walmart 24 inch grows lights on my moms and (2) 24 inch grow lights on my cloner.

[​IMG]

2. I have started Banzai'ing my moms so they stay small, I have around 14 so far and which give loads of clones to take from.

As well I have a cloner that uses 2 spinners and so far has a 100% success rate.

[​IMG]

3. This shot looks like all grow tent but it is not, lol. More to the right, lol.

Just bot another grow tent, somewhat smaller. Haven't installed it yet

[​IMG]

4. Open the grow tent,,,,

[​IMG]

5. Bottom part of grow tent

[​IMG]

6. And a peep around to the right side of the grow tent.... (2) 600 watters on clones of AK-47. The right side at 8 weeks and the left at 3 weeks. And yes the right side is falling over from the weight of the buds, woo hoo! Harvest time!!!

Thanx GC, Dier, Rumple, Postman, Chimera, Mordgrow

[​IMG]

7. Done, cya later.

[​IMG]

8. Really nice setup you have there man, how much did you end up with?

9. Very impressive! your room is awesome, I aspire to have a stealth operation like this some day.

10. hah i was looking at the first picture and i knew that shit would be behind the shelves. i love it. its my dream to have a secret room. some day.....some day. oh and nice plants >_>

11. Should be over a pound, top rack is all colas 6 to 12 inches long, second rack buds 2 to 4 inches long and the third rack is 1 to 2 inches with the popcorn buds. :hello:

[​IMG]

12. Very Nice, how many plants ?

13. LOL, thanks alot Mord, I started about the same time you did, so I was in the front seat watching your first journal. Oh whatta whirlwind that was, lol. But more importantly I learned alot from your mistakes and successes. A whole lot!

On the smell, nothing beats a vortex/can fan and large carbon scrubber... hated dropping the money for that purchase,,, but looking back I'd saved alot of time and money if I'd just bot that instead playing with Ozone, ona gel, lava rocks and all that other snake oil stufff, lol.

I've enjoyed making the grow room almost as much as the grow itself. In about a 2 weeks it should be totally complete and I'll give ya a tour as I start my next grow.

Cya here!

14. Thanx Canibas, looking stealth and being stealth is alot harder,,, there's a vortex fan/carbon scrubber for stealth smell and probaly 4-5 other fans running in there, old carpet and insulation takes care of stealthing the noise,,, I consider it a challenge, lol.

Thanx Octomines,

I do 2 separate grows, one a month, right side had about 25 plants and left has 21, the harvest you see came from the 25 plants.

15. How big was the grow room you were working with?

16. The dimensions are 5 x 10 and 7.5 ft tall. Of that area I have 2 600 watters above a 4 x 5 area. On the other end I have a 3 x 3 x 6.5 grow tent which I am changing out for a 3ft x 20inch x 6.5 ft, That way I can add a 3 x 2ft grow area for sexing new moms and then later a new grow area after I have picked good pheno's from the moms.

The biggest problem with space is that most people forget thatyou have to move around in a confined area. You have to be able to enter, walk around, inspect, feed, harvest, dry and cure your plants.

The second biggest problem is drying and curing, that takes up alotta space and requires a different environment.

Anyway, I think I solved all those problems and will show ya when I start my new grow in about 2 weeks. Plus there's alot more to this room then ya see, I'll show ya all then.

Cya soon!

17. I maybe playing iwth questionable oder control againt hi grow, i purchased a 6"x16" odorlok air filter (smell sok or what ever you call it) so hopefuly I can mithbusters this one too (and it actualy will work) so far the rest that you mentioned (as im sure your aware) is junk.

18. Dude, just get a 4 inch vortex and appropriate carbon scrubber and be done with it, don't install it in your light system,,,, just stand alone on the floor or hanging. (unless ya wish)

I wrote ya a 2 pager on vortexes, can fans vs carbon scrubbers only to disappear by a power outage followed by my cussing for 10 minutes, argh.

Any vortex will work but not true for carbon scrubbers, home made versions do not have different sized holes or conical shapes inside to evenly distribute air flow and maximize the life span of the carbon. Home made versions only utilize the first six inches of carbon.

I've researched this so much I could easily do a sticky on it. Not bragging or anything like that, just did a lot of research in that quest to become truly stealth.

PS. My power went out for 2.5 days... my current grow is ok and my last harvest which is drying is of course ok,,,, haven't checked on clones or Moms yet,,,, been busy doing house and family shit,,, probably lost 30 clones and some moms.

Shit happens!!!

19. I've had a male in a dark room with a bag over it for a few days, it still looks healthy and ready to grow (havent watered in 7 days either)

so 2.5 days should be fine :)

I've got a 6" vortex pulling air through my cool tubes (and out of the room) to vent to the out doors (lots of write up on my room build out there somewhere)

I'm going to give this odor sock a go, and if it doestn work i'll snag a can.

20. that is one of the coolest setups i've seen so far. i love the whole stealth situation. i tried to make my box as stealth as possible, but your room is an inspiration to go big once i own my first house. great job, and keep those pictures coming.