Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wheres the schwag?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Veeners5, Sep 30, 2009.

1. SInce I started growing and reading this sites posts, it seems like there are millions of people growing some sweet ass bud. Being a broke father of 3, I can only buy the downtown brown schwag. I was just wondering, who, where and why are people growing this nasty shit. Seriously, what grower keeps male plants stocked full of seeds and then has the nerve to sell the shit. Any serios info about where dirt weed comes from would be appreciated. Thanks all.:confused:

2. all weed has potential to be dank if you took a growable schwag seed and grew it with a good light system and fed it the right nutes under the right light shedule and with a good fan and everything it would be pretty dank it wouldnt have the genectics and youd never know if it was a true sativa or indica but it would be sellable as dank, The only reason we have schwag is because mexican growers will grow acres of plants chop all the buds compress it and let it just be treated horribly and not dried and pressed while still wet after this process the weed becomes dirt because of how badly it was produced

3. Exactly.
    Its grown on large farms in mexico, and they dont bother picking out the males, they just grow it in huge quantities, could care less about quality.
    Then its compressed, and they sneak it into The U.S.

4. grown on a mass scale, sun dried rather than cured, and compressed hard enough to turn seeds into mouse coasters.

however the quality has gone up in the last 10 years or so. you just have to be close enough to the border to get it unbricked before it decomposes further. ive actually come across bricks that had no seeds, the quality was high mids. the brown and black bricks are still around but I pretty much dont bother with it since theres always something better availiable.

shwag is cheap as fuck and around here the quality is good enough to make oil from. which is what I do.:D

5. Damn. I live in Austin.
    Seeing as Texas is right next to Mexico, i would think i could find better schwag.
    But everyone i have ever met in the Austin area, always has the same nasty brown schwag.
    Thats why i have to buy dank, because its that or schwag.
    I wish we had mids!:mad:

6. Cause shwag is usually ditch weed. They usually just toss it somewhere, come back 2 months and chop it all down, dry it for a little while and maybe cure it for like 2 days haha. Growing shwag requires no effort thus no money.

Growing dank is A LOT of effort (from what I read I'm not a grower) and thus a lot of money lol

7. Tell me about it. In VT there's outdoor (not shwag but shitty), indoor (basically beasters) and dank. I haven't seen indoor in like 2 years. Used to only cost $80 a quarter and was mad good in my opinion. Now there's tons of dank but that shit gets so pricey sometimes and outdoor just isn't an option after developing a heady tolerance.

8. I know.
    It sucks.
    People tell me that theres mids in Austin, but i think that its just better schwag.
    Ive yet to find any, but i WILL continue the search.

9. Im in Michigan and I come across some decent mids every so often, but just like the rest of you it is usually cheap $25-30/0.25oz schwag or $20/gram stuff, which I can not afford, which is why I started growing my own. Thanks for the info all.

10. Dude I hate to see people have to smoke that shit, in my opinion it's not even worth the $10-$15 you spend on it cause it's really not getting you high, a real high comes from real bud no questions.

Look, I know you're broke and a father of 3 but if you want some good advice, stop looking for crap and save your money for a little bit. See if you can save up for a few weeks, or a month, and get your hands on $45-$55 bucks, find a friend who knows someone who sells and get a good 8th for around that price.

I'm assuming with your wife and kids you don't have much free time, maybe enough time to light up a few times a week so getting your hands on some really good bud will last you a lot longer than some crap you have to smoke a G of just to feel anything (plus the headache).

One hit of schwag compared to a good strain, and you'll understand why people tend not to smoke schwag unless they absolutely have to, which in my case I'd rather just not smoke.

11. People don't post their schwag here, most people are too proud.

12. It comes from mexico...or even cuba...its just grown with no care then they harvest it for money...even tho they put absoletly no care into the plants...

13. I live right on the border and only once have I ever seen actual brown schwag, around here schwag is what most people would call mids or reg. Plus its a lot more and it's cheaper, gotta love the border sometimes haha (although the cartel killings is a major downside)

but yeah that brown dirt weed isn't that good to smoke out of man, do what everyones saying here and save up till you find some nice herb man.

good luck man!

14. Honestly, I havent smoked straight schwag since high school. Now, if I ever come across a good deal on schwag I just buy an oz, pick out all the stems and seeds, grind it down really find in a coffee grinder, and use it as filler in blunts/ joints. Thats all I can tolerate of it atm.

Also I know people like to say weed is weed and if you dont smoke schwag its just arrogance... but honestly, it doesnt even get me high, or help me sleep, just gives me a headache and makes me tired hate it

15. +rep for being a father growing weed, i think that's sweet as shit

also, for being from MI.

16. The kids take up a lot of time but there ia always time to smoke at bedtime. B/w my wife and I we go through like a half a week, so buying mids or highs is definitely out of the question. Now Im just growing my own.

17. Thanks man, it is nice to be appreciated. You dont get that a lot when your married. Everything is supposed to be a given and then things get over looked. Can you tell you hit a sore spot lol ;).

18. People probably don't like you and hold out on the good stuff.

19. Yeah, schwag comes from Mexico. They don't give a shit about what people say about their weed, they just want to make a quick dollar.