Where to start??

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by Get A Life, Jan 29, 2017.

1. I want to start my own business one day with hydroponics but I don't know where to start I now I have a long and hard road ahead but it's worth it to me. I'm guessing starting slowing and feeling it out first would be the smartest thing to do. Any advice is greatly appreciated thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It would help to have you clarify exactly what you mean?
    Grow store?
    Growing?

No matter which of the above I hope you already have big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ saved.
    Not knowing what state you are in matters also.

To get an idea of costs involved to be a grower where I live in Washington State just google it.
    Start reading about the red tape involved no matter where you are in the process it's unreal they can kiss my ass!

It's not about one having passion to grow it's about one having the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and connections.
    Beyond sad.

Use to be one could grow medical and sell to a medical dispensary.

WA State threw medical under the bus because they worship $$$$$$$$$$ instead of the passion to grow good product done right .......... not with greed.

If it's a store do your research.
    Know that online sales has taken a lot of business away.
    I see grow stores closing around here.

Craigslist has cut into them also big time because lot of people starting out growing are on a budget and buy used.

So you need to separate yourself from the rest to succeed.

Do classes in your store on different phases of growing.

Have product demo days teaching people what product does what compared to costs and use.

Build the customer relationship to where after they leave your store they say to themselves sure I could buy it from amazon cheaper but this person actually cares about me succeeding.
    If something goes wrong I can count on them.
    If I need more knowledge this person will spend the time to teach me not worry about a sale being made.
    Build up a following on FB and youtube.

That is how you not only counter online sales it is how you separate yourself from the other grow stores around you.

Follow your dreams.

Just know though you also have to live in REALITY in many states which makes it impossible for the little guy to be involved.

3. It's not a bud shop I'm talking about, it's a grow store, thank you for spending the time to help me and responding. I live in Maryland and I just wanted to start somewhere I do a job I hate and i would love to get up in the morning and not hate my work life. This time of business is definitely what I want in my life. So I would have to start sales at home? And start a customer relationship with multiple ppl through online sales ???

• Like Like x 1
  4. If I was you and really serious about a grow store I'd go work in one for a while. That would give you experience that is invaluable. This is the way to get experience you can't get from a book, video, etc.

5. Ya that's the thing I'm going to probably have to work on the weekends or something bc I doubt I'd get paid enough but idk I'd have to ask around maybe I might get lucky.