Where to buy glass downstems for homemade bongs?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by FireGoo, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Hey whats up everyone, so I am a bartender at a club in the city.  Every week for the past few months when unique bottles are thrown out I have been saving them and taking them home. I have a large assortment of bottles of which I plan on making bongs.  I had made one from a old russian bottle a few months ago and bought a rubber grommet and put a aluminum down stem inside of it.  It works like a charm this is what gave me the idea to make and sell these bongs.  My friends picked out the bottle they want me to make bongs for them and already gave me prices they would pay.  However In these bongs I plan on making I dont want to use aluminum down stems and rubber grommets I want to make it glass on glass.  I need a good cheap source for buying down stems.  

My glass drill bit is a 14 mm so I plan on using only 14mm downstems.

I found this website however I can't figure out how many millimeters the outside ring is that sits in the whole in the glass.  Do you guys think the #14 means its a 14 mm?  Thank you.

2. No it will be thicker than 14 as the inside is the part that's 14.5mm

I don't know much about 14mm downstems, but I sure do know about 9mm downstems! This is a 9mm < 18mm downstem, and will fit perfectly after an added grommet.
    You won't be able to not use a grommet, or it won't be airtight, unless you can blow glass.
    Happy smoking!  :bongin:

Sounds like you didn't read the thread.