where to buy air specific activated carbon?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MarGreenThumb, Jan 21, 2009.

1. self explanatory title, wheres a place to get the AIR and NOT the WATER type carbon for an air filter? the only place i've seen it is ebay, and it's pretty pricey. any other sources? thanks

2. #2 abnormldood, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
  3. i already built one, i just need to find the right carbon. i'm tired of all the cigarette smoke stinking up the place and i was inspired to build one. i used the basic guideline instructions and then used a few ideas as improvisations. http://forums.mycotopia.net/cannabis/8038-diy-carbon-scrubber.html that's the guideline i used. i read around though, and some people are saying the fish filter carbon isn't right for the air scrubber. there's something called vapor phase carbon (theres another name i can't remember) that is specifically manufactured for air cleaner products, but i'm having a hard time tracking down a source.

4. #4 abnormldood, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
    Whoever said that is wrong.. the activated carbon from Petsmart and Petsco will work. You can also get mesh carbon filters that you can cut to size at Home Depot or similar home improvement stores. The mesh ones IMO work better as they work longer with no maintenance involved, whereas the activated carbon chunks you need to mix/mash every now and then to keep them working. It's a matter of price/quality here.