Where Should I Go?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mota_vation, Mar 9, 2010.

1. I am looking at colleges for next year, and i am choosing between Southern oregon University in Ashland Oregon, and Montana State University. My main decision goes down to who has the best bud? Could anyone help me out? it would be greatly appreciated!

2. Well Oregon is definitely gonna have the better bud.

3. haha dont just choose between who has the best bud, which school is stronger in your intended major or which school has the type of demographics that appeal to u.

4. Well, i have done my research and i like both of them for a lot of the same reasons, so i guess what i'm saying is the place with the better weed is going to be my final decision ha ha

5. if you're seriously considering colleges on the buds they produce you need to save yourself 4 years (or however long you last)

and tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of dollars

and not go to college

hell get a job and your own place and grow your own weed if thats all you care about
    \

college costs years of your life
    and tons of money (probably your paretns by the sound of it)

dont pick a college based on marijuana

kids these days
    i swear to god the internet destroyed them

6. #6 BigTrees, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
    things to consider when picking a college

size
    price
    academic programs
    other programs and services (good food. nice gym, etc)

I'd also get to know some students and learn about the culture (something i didn't do and would regret later)

if you're going to make a massive life decision that costs years of time and tens of thousands of dollars (of your parents') money
    ...based on weed

i'll be the first to say that's a goddamn shame

7. You might want to re-think things if you are basing your collegiate career on which city has better weed.

:confused_2:

8. Uh, I'm confused. If your location is accurate, can you please tell me WTF you're doing moving from Denver?!? Damn, can't imagine with all the legal benefits that area has that your local bud is not good for some reason...You can also save a shit-ton of cash living at home and getting your degree vs. dorm living.

Not to beat a dead horse even more, but you have SO many other factors in choosing a college other than bud. Cripes man, seriously get a grip before consuming 4+ years of your life, regardless of cost. You're spending upwards of six figures to really solidify what you want to do in life, not try and create the ultimate smoking adventure.

9. wow i hate when people automatically assume that because one wants to go to a school with good bud that theyre just some stoner who doesnt care about college.

maybe he's already weighed every single option and realized he's content with either schools' academic principles and other factors and simply wants to make the final decision based on which one he can have the most fun at (and in his case whichever one is best for weed will be the one he can have the most fun at)...

10. #10 In My Zone, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
    well obviously smoking weed isn't the only factor in him making his college decision since he values other things like going away from home...

if it indeed were the case that all he cared about was the bud of the school, like you said, he would just not go to college altogether.

geez, people are so critical on this board.

not everyone in this world has to worry about financial factors when going to college. (i apologize if this is not the case for you, op)

this dude has his priorities straight. he knows what he wants. and bud will be the final deciding factor in his decision because it's too difficult of a decision for him otherwise...

11. Getting good bud has way more to do with who you know then where you're at. Region affects price more than anything.

Not that you should be choosing your college based on weed availability anyway.

12. Damn, everyone is seeming pretty critical on my simple question. i asked for advice, so if your just going to say i don't have my priorities straight because i want to know where i can still have a good time away from home, than don't waste my time, please. i have seriously thought about this decision for a long time now, and these are my top two school choices, and now, the deciding factor is where i will hopefully have a better time. So why don't you stop wasting your time on the internet and worry about your own god damn education.

13. go ahead and ask your parents if the hundred and 20 grand they earned to send you to school is a big deal

sheesh dude, get a grip

this is the real world

your parents more than likely worked for countless hours to over the course of many years to get together the cash to send you to college (especially out of state)

14. Wow really... If your parents have the money to send you to college and they are willing to give it up, all that shows is that your parents care about your future and want you to goto college. Is there something wrong with that? I know not all parents can afford to send there kids to college but some do and there is nothing wrong with that.

15. He never said there was...learn how to read?

:rolleyes:

16. it shouldnt be hard to read a few lines of post

clearly you didnt take the time

parents certainly have the right to send their children to college
    that has nothing to do with what i'm telling you

i'm telling you that picking a college (thats going to cost all that money they've worked to save)
    based on weed.....

is a disgusting insult to their time and money. that's not what they worked sor hard for.

17. Alright, first of all, BigTrees you can go fuck yourself. All i am asking is whether or not the college i am going to be attending is going to have good weed or not. it is by far not my main concern. if anything, good bud will make me more motivated to try harder. besides, i thought this forum was for people who love the ganja, not assholes who go around and put down other people's simple questions because they hate their own lives. ya, that's you k.smith904 and you BigTrees. if your not going to answer my initial question then STOP WASTING MY MOTHER FUCKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!! But, if you are actually going to help me with my question, then feel free to answer.:)