Where my pilots at?!

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Ganonguy, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Curious to see if there are many of us on here! So commercial or not, leave a shoutout and what you fly currently or what you'd like to.

• Like Like x 2
  2. hola! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. Lol i looking at this section wondering who owns a train or a plane? I guess i know some of us have a plane. Now i gotta find a train owner lol

Sent from my LGLS450 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I cant even afford a drone

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. i flew for about 10 years, but have been out of currency for a while. it was great when i was working to slash travel times (15+ hour drive to Lake Powell vs. a 2.5 hour flight), but now that i'm retired, i have plenty of time. not that i didn't love to fly... i still hate driving, but flying was never really an economic way to travel.

started out in a Cessna 150, but belonged to a rather large club so i got to fly a whole lot of different SEL planes. topped out flying a Cirrus SR22 (very large wow factor) and got instrument & high performance ratings. never got to twins or tail draggers. probably would have been different if i hadn't waited until 48 to start.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. RV6. This picture was taken backcountry flying in Idaho. Camped for a week. It was awesome. I'm not the actual pilot my husband is. I'm kind of a co-pilot, I ask for a briefing and then once in the air I'm asleep. It was wild, he was flying alone, from our remote camp site to Boise and 1 of the 4 cylinders quit for a short time. It really shook him up because there wasn't anywhere to put the plane down.

7. The Cirrus SR22 is so very sexy. When I worked at a GA field we had one come in every once in a while.
    Have you thought about getting a Cub? Those can be fun.

8. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cockpit instrumentation of a PC-6
    Pilatus PC-6 Porter - Wikipedia

before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yak-52 great aerobatics

I struggle with these 'new' glass cockpits, often resorting to the manual or just flying on the analogue backups ...lol

9. That Pilatis is yours? So jealous!

10. Not at all a local club has rented one from western europe

same motor as the c-130 some say

actually a very physical plane to fly

'touch and goes' are like a gym work out

trim wheel is above ya head

lol

11. gotcha :)

12. Flying 40 years. Mostly supercubs and Cessna 185,s.

13. #14 Vee, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    I'm in Transition at the mo....to PC Sims UHG!!!!

I guess age catches up with all of us .....bummer

still the FSX Connie is a riot ...lol

I think the most realistic is the (FSX ) 'King Air' ..lol

• Like Like x 1