Where is the Stoner Neighborhood in Vancouver, BC?

Discussion in 'General' started by ExAmurickin, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Hi Everybody!

I'm looking at the Univ of B.C. for grad school, but rent is SOOO high there. Does anybody know where the cheaper, stoner friendly neighborhoods are? Also, whats the law in Vancouver as far as growing a small private indoor garden?

Thanks!

2. LOL -- Vancouver is one of the most liberal (as far as anything, but especially drugs, goes) cities in North America. It's like a further-left Oregon.

btw, are you looking at a journalism post-grad program by any chance? UBC has one of the most elite in North America and I've thought of looking at it after I finish my undergrad.

Oh, your question about cheap rent... uhh, not really anything. I know that it is known as the most expensive city in Canada to live in, but that's based on the cost of buying, I think. When I was there a few years ago I remember thinking that rent seemed comparable to the other Canadian major metropolises (Toronto, Montreal) but I could be wrong.

3. Dude, Vancouver is the stoner neighborhood of Vancouver.

And as for the cost of living: it fucking blows hard. A one-bedroom apartment has an average rent of 1100 to 1600$ or more a month. It's the only thing stopping me fropm moving back there.

4. thats crazy man, our condo payment is like only 800. Upstairs, downstairs, 2bedrooms, 1bathroom. The neighborhood is not that great tho.

5. vancouver is the stoner neighbourhood of canada

6. Hey 420Shane, What neighborhood is that? Are you near the University?
    Thanks for the help!