Where is the best place to live and why?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zephyr29, May 23, 2011.

1. #21 Sweetleaftoker, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That is literally ONLY Eastern Kentucky in the mountains. Northern Kentucky is so chill its badass. I dont like big cities so its badass and a hell of a lot of ppl smoke

2. Everybody who posts on this forum already lives in a place where they have a home, have enough food, can walk the streets in relative safety, have access to medical care, vote, drink, toke (discreetly), badmouth the government, move from place to place, and call the police if they are wronged by anyone.

To quote Rex Murphy, geographically, we've all already won the only lottery that really matters.

3. I fuckin love Maine. Plenty of nice scenery and quad trails. Pretty loose on guns too, so if you have one its a cool place to target shoot.

Best place thought, as in where id want to be, would be Amsterdam becuase it seems peaceful. Weed is a major plus

There or Sicily

4. Oh I know i was just joking with you, im sure you know the old stereotype that everyone from Kentucky is a dumb redneck. Louisville is as far north as you can get in Kentucky isn't it? I mean we're literally on the border between Kentucky and Indiana, it's true that LOADS of people smoke in Louisville but there's so many gangbangers and thugs i can't stand it.

5. #25 Sweetleaftoker, May 24, 2011
    No newport is right before Cincy. Im from independence which is Kys largest city(landwise not people)

6. Ah ok, kinda sad i've lived in Kentucky my whole life and didn't know that lol.

7. I'd say BC, if housing was cheaper.

8. #28 Sweetleaftoker, May 24, 2011
    Haha that is sad. You thought Central Ky was Northern lol but yea i heard Louisville is rough now i havent been there in forever

9. Maine sounds kinda like Virginia. Im in the country, about 15 minutes away from a McDonalds and bunch of other major shoping/food places. I can walk to a multi-county bordering lake, only being 5 minutes away from my house. We get around 10 inches of snowfall a year, our spring and fall is amazing, living near the blueridge mountians. Hiking, fishing, swimming, partying/ bonfires, Muddin, motocross... Its a badass place to live

I can go 10 minutes up the road and hit the Blue Ridge Parkway. They have outlooks every 3 miles or so that look like these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres the Parkway...

[​IMG]

10. I never really payed attention to geography and stuff, i was a dumbass in school i regret it everyday of my life, but i do know better now so that's good. Yeah Louisville's getting pretty bad, last three days all you've heard on the news is murder, murder, murder. But the suburbs are still a nice place to live to a certain degree.

11. Tijuana n.n

12. I believe that Texas is one of the best states to live in. I live in San Antonio and it's awsome, it may get a bit hot here at times but it's one of the best states in my opinion. I go to the university of Texas at Austin and I have to say that Austin is one of the most chill weird towns iv ever been to. Almost everyone smokes weed and you can drink at alot of places if your like 18. Great music in Austin also check out Austin citylimits it's a great lineup

13. #33 guamhaze, May 27, 2011
    I live in SA too, not a bad city at all. But I love Austin (more liberal/open than SA). Cost of loving is better here in TX. How is UT Austin?? I wanna go to grad school there (currently at UTSA-undergrad)

14. #34 LegitBaller, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
    chicago ILL, theres so much to do. Great City. Wild bars. Sexy women. Museums. Whatever your into they have it here. No natural catastrophies either, its just a bit cold sometimes, thats the only negative. And you havent lived till you've been on LSD on Lake Shore Drive.
    realistically...probably somewhere in cali though.

15. Yea too true. Comparing Inverness in the north of Scotland to inner city London in the south are just pretty much polar opposites. I got to say though I'm pretty lucky where I live, mountains on my doorstep.

But if I were to choose the best place to live I'd probably go with the Pacific Northwest. Beautiful scenery, good standard of living, yea it rains a lot but I'm used to it, from Scotland dammit! :p

Places I've been, southern France was very nice. I canoed the Ardeche Gorge and the whole time there the weather was stunning as were the surroundings.

16. I live in SA too, not a bad city at all. But I love Austin (more liberal/open than SA). Cost of loving is better here in TX. How is UT Austin?? I wanna go to grad school there (currently at UTSA-undergrad)[/QUOTE]

Going to UT is awsome, I love Austin there is always some good music around and everyone is really cool. It's definately frat centered but all my friends are in frats so I get in all the cool parties. Yeah man if you come her you will a blast.

17. Southern California all the waaaayyyy! Or BC, cuz of the weed :p
    BUT, America has the strongest military whooo! :)

18. Sorry americans but canada has you beat in everyway

19. Orange County, CA. Beach is 2 miles away from me. It's beautiful 24/7 ;)