Where is the best place to live and grow?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by gorillagrow40, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Of all the states here in the US where I can legally grow my own weed, where is the best place to do this at and why?

2. California, they are the most liberal on mmj laws

3. this, if i show some pics of my town from ground level it doesnt look special

if i look from my rooftop, all i see is a field of green!!

everybody i know grows in spain, and smokes almost evrywhere

otherwise i would say california or netherlands

4. Cali, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, and Montana. The 5 best states in the nation. :cool:

5. [quote name='"Nadroj"']Cali, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, and Montana. The 5 best states in the nation. :cool:[/quote]

You forgot Nevada

6. Nevada too, my bad... but you guys dont have any dispensaries or anything. New mexico too... but i like the northwest and rockies. The desert aint my kind of thing haha.

7. As far as countries go i think Portugal and Spain are really easy going when it comes to weed.

In the states, obviously California. And definitely not any of the southern states like Kentucky, theyre nuts.

8. [quote name='"Nadroj"']

Nevada too, my bad... but you guys dont have any dispensaries or anything. New mexico too... but i like the northwest and rockies. The desert aint my kind of thing haha.[/quote]

We get a lot of snow and rain
    I live right by the border to Cali so the dispensary is like 60 miles away!

9. I know that Montana had their voter-approved initiative nearly demolished by the feds. This, after a small holdout of politically-inclined prohibs tried mercilessly to have it repealed. I remember being infuriated by what appeared to be complete disregard for the voters rights to affect change in policy, despite a successful vote.

Where does the Montana MMJ initiative stand at present?

10. We still have mmj but now it's under SB423... no more than 4 plants (was 6 under I-148). Medical is still strong here man... were petitioning to have our original law put back on the ballot for '12... not sure how that is coming along though. And yes... it infuriated me too considering i have friends and family that are patients... i was about to become one too before all this BS started coming out.

And now you can either only grow your own or have your caregiver provide it to you... i have friends that did it both ways so i can get chronic homegrowns when harvest comes (200/oz, 800/qp) or just stick to the same ole overpriced caregiver bud... seriously prices went from 250/oz on average to 275/oz... and that's for patients... so the prices changed to 50/eighth, 100/q... im just glad it's usually chronic.

11. How is it everyone is saying Cali over Colorado?

Colorado has more dispensaries per capita, cheaper prices (for indoor)

12. No shit right? I fucking hate cali's laws in general... fuck emission testing, fuck dumb gun laws, and fuck a bankrupt state haha. Their economy is a big ole pile o crap. ;)

13. Damn man, it was worse than I heard. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear the movement is still strong.

Best luck to you all. You have the same rights as any other American citizen. If the people of one state will allow this to happen, it will start to happen in others as well. We need to defend our constitutional right to effect change in drug policy. If they take away the power of the vote, all we have left is revolt.

14. Kansas? Live on the edge.

15. Thanks everyone for your input, I really appreicate it! I also have a few other questions I would like to ask, I found a website that shows the medical laws for each state that has legal weed, but most of the laws dont make much sense too me, for instance Alaska laws say I can have no more than 1 usable oz but yet I can grow 6 plants (3 mature 3 immature) and Arizona law says I can have 2.5 usable oz and I can grow 0-12 plants, that doesnt make much sense to me because if I grow 3 mature plants in Alaska im going to have more than 1 usable oz from 3 plants and if I grow 12 plants in Arizona im positive im gonna have more than 2.5 usable oz of weed from 12 plants, what are we suppose to do with the extra weed, give it away? sell it to dispencery's or what? I've grown for a long time and I get anywhere from 1 to 2 oz weed just from 1 indoor plant so how am I suppose stay within the guidelines when the guidelines arent realistic? If I can grow 12, im gonna grow 12, but I guarentee I'll be over legal usable amount of 2.5 oz, so how do people work around this issue? Im sure everyone has this issue and im just curious to how you handle it and what do you do with the extra weed?

16. You have to rotate you plants so that you never have more than the legal limit.

If you still have 2oz and you are getting ready to harvest another plant with 2oz, you must immediately smoke that entire 2 oz (I find one massive joint is the easiest way to stay within my legal limit).

17. [quote name='"Gardenmaster"']How is it everyone is saying Cali over Colorado?

Colorado has more dispensaries per capita, cheaper prices (for indoor)[/quote]

Better growing conditions more humidity how can you argue that? Everyone knows Cali grows that dank and some of it gets shipped to Colorado.

18. Better growing conditions? I did say indoor right? Only Cali's outdoor gets exported to Colorado. And high humidity is not a good thing when growing bud, it increases your chances of mold.

I am not hating on Cali, I love Cali, they started the revolution, but then they fell off. Many of the serious players have moved from Cali to Colorado because of the laws, the money (only non profits are legal in Cali).

There is a couple bills that stand a good chance of passing next November to legalize in Colorado, and they are getting some serious financial and political support.

19. I plan on moving to CO in the next few years. Is it really that easy to get a med card? I have acid reflux disease(take meds to control nausea), insomnia, and anxiety. Those have all been documented for the last 5 years or so. I also had brain surgery lol but i have no issues from that. lol