Where Does 420 Come From

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Where Does 420 Come From, Apr 20, 2017.

1. #1 Where Does 420 Come From, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
    420 is like Christmas for stoners or , to be politically correct, marijuana enthusiasts. It’s the day that all REAL weed smokers do what they do every other day of the year. Smoke! Only difference is, it’s done on a much bigger scale. People plan months in advance to celebrate this day. Those who smoke 8th’s are smoking half an O. Those who smoke half an O are smoking an entire ounce, and people smoking more than that are dead. Regardless of what your doing you’ll most likely be doing a lot more of it.

Where does the term 420 come from though? It was originally believed that it was the police code for marijuana related arrests. Makes sense, but not true. The actual origin of 420 started in a high school in California when a group of guys known as “The Waldos” that heard from a U.S Coast Guard that someone was growing weed near the coastal town of Point Reyes. The Waldos decided to look for it. They met at 4:20 after school and football practice.

They searched for the weed for weeks but never found it. “We didn’t know we were creating history at the time, it was just a private joke we were telling between ourselves,” Dave Reddix, one of the original waldos, said. From there things just kind of spread naturally. It made its way onto the Oakland Grateful Dead concert flier. The designer is still unknown and from there it slowly embedded itself into our vocabulary. So yeah that’s how it started.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. In actuality the analog face of a 4:20 clock reads "hands down" as opposed to "hands up" at high noon. And is precisely 1/3 of the circadian pie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's just an urban legend, and I've heard similar spins where 4 best friends got together around 4:20pm to smoke.

Fact is, NOBODY knows the origins of how 420 got started.

• Like Like x 2
  4. You made an account just to ask this question and never return?

Then you made your question your account name.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Wow! How observative! And that's very clever don't you think? I was going to do the same thing! Except for the "naming my account as my question" part but I think it's clever!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. [​IMG] Could it be related to share the concept "Our time is Our Creation"? But why 4:20?
    Seriously if someone out there has the answer !! Please! Explain! Internet info doesn't feel like truth to me I guess a sincere theory of anyone who smokes would feel better than Wikipedia, don't you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum