Where do you buy clothes?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Chenkes, Jul 23, 2018.

1. I buy clothes in very different places. I choose what I like quality and not expensive. Recently, I often shoping at Amazon. My last purchase is children's shoes. I read on the site an interesting article about this and decided to buy clothes for my child.'

Where do you buy clothes?

• Like Like x 1
  2. You're like me and prefer to spend less on your attire. You take pride in how you look, but you don't need to sell your arm and a leg for a nice shirt!

I like thrift shopping.
    After years of working in a clothing store, I leaned that people don't always know what to do with clothing they cannot return. Second hand stores are gold mines for this reason. I've spent $70.00 for a pair of jeans, which is ludicrous. I now spend under $10.00 at the thrift store.

I buy the SAME BRANDNAME jeans as the $70.00 pair and get to help families in need (Salvation Army thrift store). Now THAT is retail threapy!!!

Keep safe!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. We are SUPER into thrifting. I have done it since I was a teenager but my girls are now learning the value of getting cute things for next to nothing.

Also the hunt is so fun. We'll actually make a day of it and go from Orlando to St. Pete/Tampa, hitting our favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The hunt is fun, you got that right!!

As a child, I hated to go to the thrift store with my mother. 30 years later, I'm waiting outside the place in the morning, counting down the minutes until the business to open for the day

How were your girls about thrifting when they were smaller? Did they like to go to the thrift store when they were younger?

Keep safe![/QUOTE]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. They have always been ok with it but now they see the value. I also do a lot with Freecycle.org since they were tiny and I lecture a lot about how many textiles are polluting our landfills. Poor kids :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. For the most part Goodwill. I don't "dress up", I have clothing I do not work in for the occasion I need something that isn't torn, but 90% of what I have is all purpose clothing. They're gonna get ripped, second hand is already broken in, and it's cheap and still lasts at least a year, at which point, they generally make good rags.

• Like Like x 3