Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where do "we" stand on Iraq?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by DeadHeadFred, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Scares the shite outa me...
    Don't think there's enough "reason", with a potential risk of a World War. Saddamms in his late 60s....
    Also, if the Al-cowards are in Indonesia....
    But, you know what they say.... stoners can't think right!

2. Well there really is no "we" about this question. Blazers have different views about this issue. I don't think the U.S. should take military action without U.N. approval. By doing that their being hypocrites (imposing U.N. law while at the same time taking action without U.N. approval). We can see where this is going.

3. i stand on canada!

*looks around

*sits back down

4. I feel that at the moment no one in my government even comes close to truly representing me. I didn't vote for any of them, and none of them have views similar enough to mine to even have a chance. The prospect of unprovoked war with another country makes me question them even more. I keep seeing polls on 'CNN' and the such saying things like "61% of Americans think we should go to war with Iraq." or "57% of those asked said that Saddam Hussein is an imediate threat to Americans." I don't know who they're asking because a good two thirds of the people I know don't think we should do anything of the sort. Most of the people that aren't against warare like that because they're more concerned with other things or just don't care. I suppose that's just the people I know, which, if anything, don't represent the majority. There isn't much resistence to a war now but it took quite a while for things to boil up during Vietnam too. Once large American casualties start to occur people will take a step back and rethink things. And I'll be there to let them know how I feel.

5. Think George W will read this and change his mind?

6. so you're saying that because there's little chance of changing anything imediately it's never worth it to speak out againt a generally opressive government that's gone out of control? I'm not being self righteous or unrealistic. I'm just saying that I will do anything reasonable I can to help bring this to an end. If I can't stop them from killing people in another country in my name I will at least try to.

7. The only way the war will be averted is if the stock market makes a turnaround on its own and GWB doesn't have to order the bombers in so everyone will get the current economic depression off their mind. Wars are fought over money, plain and simple, and the war in Iraq will take evryones mind off their troubles. Plus, with the extra money the government will spend on the war, (that will trickle through the economy), taxes will go up without much fuss from the public.

Afghanistan was a miltary victory but a political defeat for the administration. Ther is not one trophy of Osama Bin Laden hanging over the firplace in the white house.

8. I agree with Mark Twain:
    "O Lord our Father, our young patriots, idols of our hearts, go forth to battle -be Thou near them! With them -in spirit- we also go forth from the sweet peace of our beloved firesides to smite the foe. O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with anavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it - for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen."

"The War Prayer," Europe and Elsewhere. 1904-1905.

9. Krazi,

You wonder why CNN polls show a overwhelming majority in favor of war on Iraq but the people you know more often than not oppose it? I believe it's the same reason that Saddam has a 97% approval rating in Iraq.

10. he, he, yeah..... basically the same reason

11. I'm more worried about Geoge.W than i'll ever be of Saddam Hussain, in reality it is as big poppa say's over money, and also oil....think of the extra money for the economy in the munitions side of things....the only reason he hasn't went in yet is that after Afghanistan it takes a while to replenish the stockpile.....as for "weapons of mass destruction"....Madass can turn round and say "you've got weapons of mass destruction as well!"....and to be honest...madass is predictable, George W isn't......i'm more worried about who will replace Saddam when he's killed.....someone with a serious chip on his shoulder perhaps??.....Peace out....Sid

12. Have you noticed that the war talk and rhetoric has backed down a notch or two recently since the stock market has made a little rebound?

13. Yeah, like now he may allow for the UN to let inspectors in and it isn't in the news every day now over here, Phoney Tony has too much to deal with here, with the fire brigade on the brink of strike, demanding a 40%pay rise.......Peace out....Sid

14. Big Popa, I've noticed too the sabre rattlin' has toned down quite a bit. I'd like to think that they have noticed that the majority of the people are against the US striking first without trying other options first. But I guess we'll see.

15. 2 words- BOMBS AWAY. Terminate him, Restore power. Let people live w/out this Sapranos/Sinatra/Western civilization loving wanna-be diong all sorts of injustices in the name of his wealth and power oil has brought him. He killed his own innocent women and children for Gods sakes. This pic. sums up how I feel about him and all terrorists like him.

Attached Files:

16. Are YOU willing to go over there and take a bullet between the eyes because you want Saddam removed. I'm not and I don't want to see you or any other person killed.

18. thats what scares the shit outa me.!

19. i look to to the future and cant get past the word DRAFT,draft,DRAFT!

Not to get into a whole big political thing, but the US has had an all-volunteer armed service for thirty years. You really shouldn't be too nervous about a draft.

And the whole thing about the UN is a joke. The US is a sovereign nation, pure and simple, and shouldn't seek permission from any foreign bodies on critical foreign policy issues.

Whoever thinks that UN approval is needed to justify military action is deluding themselves - especially since that approval is contingent on oil money (France and Russia).

Okay, sorry about the politics. Let's all go and just smoke a bowl...

20. *sigh*

Yes, of course, as history has proven war is an end all solution to everything. I remember the last 'sovereign' nations to attack other countries unprovoked. Germany and Japan. Anyone that thinks America has the right to attack anyone without a damned good reason is sorely mistaken. Even more so if they don't think there are people in our own country (much less others) that will raise their voice against it. We're talking about life and death here. All because the big mucky-mucks want more money.