Where do we go when we sleep?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Marijewhuana, Jan 2, 2013.

1. This topic always bothers my mind. we go to sleep we shut down for the night and for the next 10 hours your conscience goes somewhere. You dream okay, but when you don't dream it's just blank what happens to you? Any ideas?

2. you dream all night you just don't remember

3. your unconscious when your sleeping, your conscious doesn't go anywhere, its just on sleep mode.

4. Relevant information:

5. Nice Info^^

Yea consciousness is mechanically turned off. The brain activity required to create conscious experience (~13-30 Hz up to 100Hz for sensory processing) is diminished (~1-13Hz depending on stages mentioned above by Neurosis). Why the brain needs to sleep though I'm not sure, some say memory consolidation.

6. Or sleepy, sleepier, sleeping.

7. Like a loading screen on a video game.

8. Not where we go,

Where we leave.....

THE MATRIX.

9. Most likely your bed.

10. Or if you practice lucid dreaming you will know where you are...the dream worldddddddd

11. That BLANK............. is what it's like to be dead.

So you got two options while your still breathing.

1. Quit your 9 to 5 job and go experience the world.
    2. Keep your 9 to 5 job, save up money then go experience the world.

Either way, light a blunt and go experience the world.

12. Actually you only truely dream when you enter REM sleep mode, which only happens for 2-3 hours over the course of the night.

The rest of the time its just biological processes going on to heal your body with no cognitive response.

13. [quote name='"darklight99"']That BLANK............. is what it's like to be dead.

So you got two options while your still breathing.

1. Quit your 9 to 5 job and go experience the world.
    2. Keep your 9 to 5 job, save up money then go experience the world.

Either way, light a blunt and go experience the world.[/quote]

Oh yea? Did you die? And are now passing your story on?

Our physical world does not really exist. We are creating it by processing emitted photons.

An atom is a majority of empty space. Yep, space. All matter is vibrating at a range of frequencies we are able to visualize.

Now, consider the billions of frequencies the human body is not capable of creating visual representation for. These frequencies, do they exist if we cannot visualize them?

If you answered yes, then you would agree there is an extension to matter at a range of frequencies not capable of being seen by humans therefore our "reality" is limited to a s range of frequencies.

There are many more realities to be created

14. I've been trying so hard to explain this, but could never find a decent way of wording it. I'm in complete agreement with this statement.

15. Although the quantum level part of that is in fact true your statement on reality is only a theory and for it to be true would mean that anything you perceive with your eyes simply vanishes when not being viewed.

Reality never actually shifts; it's always there. Reality only seems to shift when seen without understanding of a true multi-dimensional reality by something trying to make sense of what it is seeing.

16. You fall into a sleep coma along with a unconscious state of mind .

17. Being able to "see" something is irrelevant

Vision is not the only sense we use to gain information about the world

Other animals use others senses as well that we don't have.

18. Great Stuff man. :smoking:

19. I always thought that if you could see inside your head when asleep there would be a blue screen that says "windows is searching for a solution."