Where can you grow and breed marijuana legally?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by rollinghippie, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Dude, get real. Even in holland where its legal you cant just grow a thousand plants. You need a permit from the state.
    As for countrys where weed is tolorated, you should try Spain, after Holland its the most tolorable of cannabis. In Catalonia they even legalized medical pot. Rest of the country has cannabis associacions where the members all toke up together and some how thats legal too.
    As for personal experience, where i live cops really dont bother pot heads, I have rolled joints in front of all kinds of cops where i live and they never bothered me.

2. You don't need a permit here, you can grow up to 5 plants for personal use.
    Where do you live?

3. Cambodia. Legal to grow and smoke. Only problem is the government is totally corrupt, and there is no skiing for a least 2000 miles. The folks in Humbolt/Mendocino ski in Tahoe, 4 hours away.

4. Are you insane? Two reasons not to go to Morocco:
    1)Penalties are tuff on hash there. If the cops want to they can bust you. In fact a lot of the guys that sell you the hash then go snitch to the border cops for money.
    2)If your American I think its a no brainer. Dont go to arab countries, especially with the current state of the world.

Spain

5. If you grow in China you get the death penalty.

6. State By State Laws - NORML

Check out NORML's state map breakdown. Looks like you can legally grow hemp in IL with the correct license. MO of course is a complete blank. I'd recommend becoming familiar with your local state laws. They exist so you can plan accordingly and CYA. Any game you play is better when you know not only the rules...but how to exploit them.

7. I live and grow in Spain. I can assure you that it is absolutely illegal to grow here. The difference is in the punishment you get. I got caught with 4 plants last year by the Guardia Civil (a little bit like the FBI). I didn't get arrested, but I was told that I would receive a €250-300 ($360-430) fine in the post. They cut the plants down and took them away, but I never received a fine. They know where I live so could have come round at any time. I think they probably just dumped them in some bin on their way out and forgot about it. They didn't even look at the pots next to the main ones that had another four seeds planted in them.

Any more than three or four plants and you can land yourself in more trouble, but you're not likely to go to jail with less than a few dozen.

8. Cambodia right now is the asshole of the world. Going there for any reason is a bad idea.
    Its not legal in the Humbolt/Mendocino region for nonmedical purposes either.

9. Most of Europe is pretty lenient compared to other parts of the world.
    Personally I am against the European Union but if it does get more powerful, I hope they at least completely legalise weed all throughout Europe. I could see this happening.
    Happy smoking from a fellow European. :smoke:

10. Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland are still pretty strict when it comes to MJ.

11. Not when it comes to punishment.

12. That is beyond awesome!

13. i think africa lets you but not all parts

14. He said GROW legally u fucktard.

15. With a first post like this, I predict this guy will not get further than 10.

16. Meh, you can grow in Norway without risking jail time at least (depending on the amount of course, 8 plants are pretty safe), also Denmark are very liberal on the subject. Sweden however are strict as shit, dunno about Finland.

OP, I got a buddy living in Spain, don't remember which city though :confused: and he grows a loooot of weed. He told me as long as you don't distribute it the police wont give a shit.

17. Legality of cannabis by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Source

Spain\tIllegal
    (Decriminalized)\t\t\t\tBuying and selling cannabis is a criminal offence punishable by law. Possession and consumption at a public place constitutes a misdemeanour and is penalized with a fine and confiscation. Growing the plant on private property for personal use, and consumption by adults in a private space is a constitutional right and hence not illegal. [82]

18. In Colorado you are limited to 6 plants if you have you medical card.

19. I'm pretty sure you can grow 24 plants privately in Alaska

20. Brrr, in some parts of Spain, the police tends to interprete the law on their own...

They usually can't get in your place without an order from the judge if you don't allow them. Anyway there are few exceptions in which they can go inside, and even in that situation THEY CANNOT DESTROY YOUR PROPERTY and if they do it you can denounce them in a court.

You can get finned because minnor drug offences are usually treated as administrative faults (that means that the court don't check the case), but that fine would be illegal, you can appeal administratively and if they still want to fine you, you can appeal to the court and if you show that it's for personal use you will usually win the case.

The law is a little bit ambiguous with possesion in the street, technicaly it seems that it's not allowed and you could get a 300€ fine (all kind of fines are usually really high in Spain, for example, pissing in the street is also 300€, or smoking tobacco in the subway is 500€, parking fines are usually cheaper... in Madrid it's 90€, but they can easily get over 300€ if the tow truck is involved)... but some officers won't bother you if you have a small amount while others will confiscate it and they won't usually fine you even if they say that they will fine you. That is because you can ask them to analyze it to prove that you were carrying an illegal substance and they usually have more important things to worry about (and sometimes the evidences get lost in the process).