Where can I get my RooR fixed?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by znat316, Jun 10, 2009.

1. I have a very nice RooR which I invested in recently. The joint was obviously not good because it cracked when i was pulling the slide out. Where Can i get it Fixed?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ive speant 500 on it already (including diffusers ashcatchers etc...) and it appears easily fixable by a glass blower... any suggestions:mad:

2. another broken Roor?

damn - what with all the amazing quality control, that every Roor nazi goes on about, i'm surprised these break so often

3. Well since this has percs it's a Roor.US which has significantly less quality control than Roor.de

To OP Preston from StoneGlassworks is a member here, contact him and I'm sure he'll be able to fix it

4. id say either preston or 420repair.com... its roor themselves

5. yeah, coming to a conclusion about a companies quality control based on the threads you see on GC sounds reasonable.

nobody said RooR's don't break. they do. and when they do, people want them fixed. if you're spending $250 on a tube and it breaks(roor or otherwise), you're going to WANT to get it fixed and the $50 it costs isn't going to matter. break your $100 tube? repair costs now equal half of a new product. that's why we don't see too many "Where can i get my soft glass tube fixed?" threads.

6. I'd PM Preston from stoneglassworks he's pretty amazing at repairs.

7. well, i've been here a year almost now and every single "broken bong" thread is about Roors

just sayin' :D

8. im pretty sure what dirt is saying is that someone who buys a roor for a lot of money is going to want to pay a few bucks to get it fixed...

as opposed to...

someone who buys a cheap china bong and breaks it probably will just buy a new one

spending hundreds on a tube then paying 50-100 to fix it isnt that bad

(sorry if this wasnt what u were saying dirt, not trying to put words in your mouth just trying to help :D)

9. because no one makes a thread when they break a shitty bong

10. Termtwo and CentralSmoke nailed it.

for every RooR fanboy there are even more RooR haters...

11. Every broken bong thread makes me like US Tubes more and more :D

12. It's always US tubes breaking though :confused:

I'd buy a german Roor if I was you - there aren't any percs to snap off

13. Also just because something breaks doesn't mean it has shitty quality control if you notice in the picture because of the RooR quality only the joint broke and not the entire beaker...a cheaper bong would have cracked or broken the beaker completely.

14. Lol... didnt mean to spark up the whole .DE/.US debate but i can say that i did treat the thing as if it were made of eggshells.. so it was SHOCKING to hear a crack crack crack noise as I was removing the diffuser from the base. Ive tried emailing 420repair with no response. Id like to atleast talk to someone before i ship them my piece.

15. lol wtf.................. and people talk shit on weedstars :rolleyes:
    WOW that joint is thin as fuck @_____@ looks like 2mm glass tbh

16. I'm pretty sure he was talking about the brand "US Tubes"...If someone breaks the joint off of that by pulling a slide, they should never be allowed to smoke out of glass again, lol :eek:

17. Like that would be somehow possible haha the laws of physics wouldn't allow for such a catastrophe to happen.

18. Well today is june 25, 2009. i sent my roor to stoneglassworks in cali june 12, 2009 with ground shipping both ways (4 business days) meaning there was a 1 day turnaround on my repair because i just received my roor from ups with a fixed joint twice as stable as the original roor joint was.. ONLY $75 plus shipping both ways was very reasonable for me considering it was 450 to begin with... needless to say i am very very happy with the job done by preston down at stoneglassworks and i recomend his service over any other.

BEFORE
    [​IMG]

AFTER
    [​IMG]

THANK YOU ALL!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. hahah i have the same exact bong also broken at the joint. mine was also some bs break, someone hit my roor diffy and it snapped and broke the joint. ive been talking to lennon and BFG and they will set me up with a repair but i never sent it in and now lennon wont reply to my PMs

20. TTT for anyone who needs it

still works great to this day