Where are we today?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by The Dooge, Sep 29, 2009.

1. How close does everyone think we are to legalization? I believe if this California bill is passed we could be well on our way to national legalization. I just want some other opinions.

2. hopefully somewhere near. im sick of having to sneak away to have a smoke. it just pisses me off to feel like a criminal when i see people kicking the fuck our of each other in town after a few drinks. i believe though that great strides have been made in recent years and that decriminalistaion is certainly on the cards.

3. I think we're still a ways away. Obviously, if California legalizes then we're well on our way but I think a lot of the country is behind. Hopefully the West can get on board in the next few years with Massachusetts and some of New England to follow. I think it'll be a slower process of eventual decriminalization then medical marijuana than further relaxing of laws until a de facto legalization happens. I doubt anything on the national level will happen, at least not in my lifetime for legalization.

4. If the government continue to ignore us, i think our first sign of compromise will come in violence.

Yeah, it's sad to say, but if the government stays ignorant, the advocates are going to get angry.

I just hope the government can legalize it and move on with their agenda, like a true and pure America would do.