when you buy new clothes do you...

Discussion in 'General' started by xtiffany, Jan 21, 2010.

1. wear them right away or wash them first?

here's a video:
    'GMA' Found New Clothes Aren't as Clean as You Might Think - ABC News

pretty nasty. i dont usually wash them, but after reading that article im definately going too.

2. If they look clean they're clean to me.. I wear them without washing them first

3. lol I don't usually wash, but I always had a feeeling. I think I will atleast visually and aromatically inspect them ha

4. Yeah if they look clean and smell clean il wear em, except boxers, for a now discovered good reason

5. I always wash them first, just because I know somebody has probably tried it on, and I don't know whether they were clean or not

6. I paid for those fecal germs and vaginal secretions and dammit I want my money's worth

7. theres a lot of other disturbing things science could prove that you don't even know, I wouldn't worry about it you guys.. but I never really thought about other people wearing the clothes first.

8. i mostly wash clothes before i wear them just cuz there itchy ya know

9. Their super fuckin itchy if u don't. Unless its like 92136593745983745% cotton

10. i only buy from second hand stores anyway.

11. That is certainly very illuminating and also very disturbing :eek: :(

12. yeh after this thread i might start washin my shit first....thats crazy and just wrong to think about now...and i buy most my clothes off the internet...just cause its exclusive :)

13. I just realized I haven't bought new clothes in about three years.

14. Oh no, germs. If you're not subjected to high amounts of germs throughout daily life then you will get sick very easily.

As far as yeast, and female excretion goes, gross. I doubt there's going to be any on the shirts that I buy however.

If the armpits stink, I wouldn't buy the shirt anyway. After you wash a shirt it will never fit the same, and you can't return it after you've washed it.

15. People are so finicky. We'd all be dead right now if we hadn't been exposed to dirty things since we were born and didn't have the immune system to handle it. So what if someone rubbed a bit of sweat onto your new shirt? You think you aren't coming into contact with countless germs every time you ride the bus or go to a show? Unless you want to be one of those crazies who uses antibacterial gel every minute I suggest you don't get caught up in the craziness.

16. yah.. unless you're running totally nude when farting then you're already covered in fecal matter.

ever fart on someones food? hilarious. a friend blew up a nasty wet beer fart on this kids new pizza and the kid started raging out an screaming "THERES FECAL MATTER ALL OVER MY PIZZA NOW!" for like 10 minutes. then he threw the whole thing away. good times..

anyway a debate on the subject led us to search online to see if you do indeed spew shit particles all over your self when farting and... you do.

i'm not saying thats how the clothes got shit on them. i mean i'm sure we've all bought a pair of pants, wiped our ass with them and then returned them to the store with the distinct hope someone would try them on later that day and get shit all over their legs..

but the farting thing is a possibility.

and i usually wash shit thats not packaged..

17. whats a little fecal matter between strangers

18. I've awlays washed them before wearing them, just habbit

19. Whenever I try on jeans, I like to rub my dick all over them.

And I have herpes.

Be careful.

20. I've always washed new clothes first. Not only cuz I know other people have tried them on, but also because I hate that stiff, starchy feeling of new clothes.

Are you trying to say your eyes have microscopes in them? Because you can't see bacteria.