When would these buds start to swell up?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by charlotteQO, Dec 24, 2017.

1. 1514128177015.jpg 1514128185257.jpg
    She's now at day 40, when should these buds start to swell? Also most off the leaves have already fallen off and turned yellow. Should i do something about it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Week 6 is when swelling start
    But by the looks of it you might get an eighth of dried bud

3. Yeah, that plant is having deficiency problems, probably due to a lockout if I were a betting man. And really small. Is that an auto?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes it is an auto. I did stunt the growth severly, and i also used a way to small container. But hey it's my first time growing

Is there something i can do about the deficizncy?

5. Feed it something with a balanced NPK of about 1-2-2 ratio for flower. Keep it lite but you could feed it for a few weeks.

If you have a hydroponic store locally my choice would be a bottle of GH floranova bloom. It's about $20 for a quart. Unlike many other bottles it's actually designed to be used by itself. It's a single part nutrient solution.

Use it at about 2ml/gallon for that plant and it will probably get you slightly more bud at harvest but the damage is done on that thing. It's a flowering clone.

You'll have plenty of the bottle left for next grow. It works very well for vegging. Buy a 5 gallon fabric pot, a cube of promix, and a bag of course horticultural perlite. Mix in 15% perlite with the promix and feed from that bottle nice and lite. You'll smash next grow if you do all those things.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Looks to me like you've been keeping the soil way too wet. Next grow, let that baby dry out real good between watering/feedings. I now go by the weight of the container/soil, not by how the soil looks or feels on top. It may look and feel dry on top but there still could be tons of moisture at the bottom half of the container. I like to let the soil/container get to the point where I pick it up and it feels really light weight.

I'll be like, whoa, this thing is DRY! It feels so light while holding it in my hands. Then when I do feed/water it, it sucks everything up very quickly like a freak and I'll be saying to myself, wow, it's dry already? Managing it like that makes it go dry again much more quickly and over the life of the plant it'll be able to use many more of the nutrients you give it. You're going to have a much better/bigger root system. You'll be so much happier with the results and your yields. Wait until this one drys out good before you try to feed it. Might take quite awhile with such a small plant and that size container.

I'm confident next time around you're going to really start having fun with your gardening.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I agree but if you never amend your medium with increased perlite or other ingredients that promote drainage it's very easy to have that overwatered appearance. It's hard to water properly at all in a poorly constructed medium. Cheap bag soils are actually designed to hold onto moisture because most people using them for houseplants are extremely lazy doing little except watering them with tap water every couple of days. That's also why they're packed with time released nutes.

Miracle grow and other house plant bagged cheap potting soils are made for low yield super lazy mode home growing of plants that are just to look at. They don't have a place in a fruit producing well maintained and fed garden.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the advise man!! I'm allready looking forward to next growth.

9. Yeah i read that advise multiple times online. But it seemed counterintuitive. I'll let it dry out real good for now

10. Next grow ill get some good soil. I'm currently using Cheap bag soil, however i don't think there are time release nutes in it

• Like Like x 1
  11. The leaves breathe co2, the roots breathe oxygen. The whole idea behind letting a pot dry out is to allow proper aeration to the roots. If you keep a soil too wet the air can't get to the roots. Coco,perlite, vermiculite, and other amendments really help a soil both have good drainage and good moisture holding capability. Perlite, Coco, and other products grab onto moisture and store it, releasing it when the plant needs it. With a good 20-30% perlite the medium is much better able to feed and aerate at the same time.

Fabric pots also help with this.