When will the flowers start?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ecam1495, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I am currently growing one plant, i switched it over to 12/12 to start flowering exactly 8 days ago, yet even when i look really close there are no flowers starting to some in. I have never grown indoors before so i am unaware about how long they usually take to start. How long do your plants usually take to start showing buds? Could this mean that the plant is male? Thanks for any input

2. it can take up to 2 weeks to show preflowers, that's y u don't count the couple weeks after flipping as part of ur flowering time. just let it be she (or he) will let u know soon enough. did u leave it in darkness for 24 hours before changing to 12/12. heard this helps, so i did it and had preflowers in like 3 days.

3. No i never did the 24hr darkness period before i switched, i have never heard of doing that before but i wish i had before i switched.

4. usually the flower period is around 12 weeks correct?

5. for a haze strain maybe. generally anywhere from 6-10 weeks. do u know the strain or is it bag seed. if ur unsure, they will tell u when they are ready. pistils start to darken

6. they are just bag seed, this is my first attempt at growing indoors but i grew this same strain outdoors last year(don't know strain just bag seed) and they did very well they just were not the largest plants, but this was mostly because of not enough light. when they start to turn i will be sure to post some pictures so i can see if its a male/female. Im really hoping it turns out female because i only have one plant on the go and dont have the time to start fresh. Thanks for your anwsers on all my questions man, its nice to have help

7. I usualy wait till the plant shows sex. Around twenty days if 24 hour light. Then I switch to flower. This time I crossed a skywalker with nl x la confidential. It took more than forty days to show sex. Then I read up and found out that la conf is a notoriously long plant as far as showing sex. So you could have a strain that just takes a little longer. Pictures would help. By your third week of twelve hours solid dark you should definitely know. If not maybe you have a light leak that's preventing the plant from flowering. Could be a couple things.

8. Here are some pictures i took of my plant this morning, im not sure how to tell if the plant is male or female and even then i know it probably too early to tell yet, but any info would help. There are 2 or 3 fan leaves that have browned on the tips but this was my fault for over fertilizing,but the majority of the plant is strong and healthy.

Attached Files:

9. no preflowers that i can see yet. plant looks good though.

10. i know this might be a stupid question because the easy answer is a carbon filter, but i don't have one, so i am wondering, because i only have one plant, and it is not a large plant, would it be possible to use other techniques to cover up the smell? Its already in a closet that is sealed shut and only opens once every day or two to water it. Just wondering because she should be starting to stink soon

11. smell shouldn't be too overpowering. if i have company over, i plug in my little Glade thing and u can't even tell. i generally keep it open though. house smells so good just b4 they wake up