When will pot be legalized?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by persondudeguy, Dec 29, 2003.

?

When will pot be legalized (In the USA)?

1. In the next 10 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. In your lifetime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Eventually

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. And as for the common "it will become like cigarettes if legal" argument...

You can always buy tobbaco with no additives (if you dont mind rolling your own cigarettes)

With pot legalized, you could: 1) Buy weed with no additives (believe me, there'd be a market!)
    2) If the additives got added anyway, you could just GROW YOUR OWN. It's hard to grow tobacco. Especially enough tobacco for use for a moderate or heavy smoker. One pot plant yields at LEAST an ounce, but maybe as much as 5 or 6 ounces dried. (right?) I would totally just have a little ganja garden in my backyard. Develop a nice little green thumb! :smoking:

2. truth is.................before long tobacco will be illegal in America.

It is already illegal to smoke in most (soon all) public buildings.

Soon to follow will be Health Care Providers refusing smokers.

The result will be tobacco being made illegal for health (money :rolleyes: ) reasons.

That's my thoughts on the tobacco/marijuana legality comparisons.

Alcohol too ,could very well suffer the same fate ,if current trends in lawmaking persist.

3. Alcohol will never be illegal again because it's common in the upper class. Since rich people run this country they'll never get rid of their substance of choice. Marijuana is more common amongst the working class

4. Probably never...unfortunately.

I kept hearing in 1964 that pot would be legal by 1968.

Our society is far more repressive and paranoid now than it ever was then.

Agon
    http://www.trippervision.com

5. the government will leagalize pot as soon as it makes them less money than if they were to leagalize it. the government makes more money by commiting searches and seizures (robbing of people) and then turning around and selling it to someone who will later push it back into america causing mor searces. as soon as the government realizes that leagalizing it is more profitable then freedom of pot will come because everone in office is a big wig greedy fuck who's only concern lies with themselves and how much money they can make/ steal from their people...no good ass fucks

6. the question is, what has to be done to legalize it. who has to sign what, who has to agree with it, alaska's already legalized posession in homes under an ounce.

7. its my life long dream......life long..... :wave:

8. some young terrorist will simply blow up something

i don't know maybe a nuclear bomb or two might go "off"
    when uncle sam abandons his plans beacause it can no longer use resources to persecute, it'll be legal

what u mean legal?

like no /street /house /car /shift /ship /foilwrap

anyway empires rise and empires fall

marijuana was legal tender
    it still rules

9. let's make a fuckin' internet/public PETITION(if that's how u spell it) ,lol and make bud legal all we need is i think 52-55%of tha U.S. votes..it will become a LAW

10. Lets not set our hopes on legalization, but maybe look towards the more obtainable like decriminalization. Decrim. seems to have more advantages in my eyes than full on legalization anyway.

11. i'm not so sure if i will ever see marijuana legalized.... but living in canada there is a chance that i might see the day when it becomes decriminalized and that's good enough for me :)

12. eventually, not my lifetime, some global catastrophy will have to occur to unite us [the human race], then we will realise that we are all better off with weed

13. you're asking us to predict the future, which is impossible. but if i had to guess i'd say never. they keep finding new loopholes in keeping weed evil enough to keep it illegal.

plus, if it was legal, would it be as much fun?

14. i bet you 20-25% of the voters that would be for marijuana legalization would be under 18, thus making it null-invoid

15. the way i see it is

Us... the weed smoking brownie making bong hitting..you get it we take the chace of smoking weed b/c it is illegal. and its so easy to get dank and is your carefully your never slip up. now if its legal imagine all the dorks that u dont want smoking how gay they become.

16. it will be legalized as soon as we make the government realize it is futile to fight us. Take prohibition for example. Once the genie of alcohol was out of the bottle, it could not be put back. Make weed prevelant in our society and it will not go away. We do not have the luxury of weed being legal to start. However, there is another way..... Civil disobedience.
    We all know the story of Johnny Appleseed from grade school. Put a twist on it and play Johnny AppleWeed. Sow your spare seeds on public property, state parks, high tension line tracks, riverbanks, etc...Once it is out there in sufficient numbers it cannot be stopped!
    Only we can make it happen. I know there is enough support out there if a few pioneers can start the battle.

Join the Cause. Plant a seed. Spread the Word!

17. ive only they grew that easly

18. true...... but worth a shot. Wouldn't it be kind to be walking in the park and pull a fat bud off a random plant???

19. _

now.