when will it stop?

Discussion in 'General' started by tokin jax, May 22, 2012.

1. when will we finally be happy with what we have? i know its human nature to evolve, compete, etc.. but are we capable of achieving ourself to death? somehow i feel the human race is the pinnacle of evolution on this planet at this time, and we are slowly taking it in a direction that resembles cancer cells if viewed in timelapse over the years. we are becoming sloths that require machines to do everything we need. we are also producing more and more offspring, theres over 7 fucking billion people on this planet now. why do we need to have more than 2 kids? and kids have cell phones at 8 years old or younger? wtf is going on. its like we are slowly losing touch with the human connection and our nature. so blades sorry for the rant but i just wanna know how yall feel about where this world is going and when do you think we will finally be happy with what we have and stop over producing worthless shit and be sensible if it ever happens?

2. #2 Blaze, May 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
    Humans are disgusting, and we are going to kill ourselves off.

I think this world would have been better if we never showed up, to be honest.

3. This may sound weird, but the unibomber wrote a lot about this and was why he did what he did. I completely disagree with his method, but his thoughts on technology and how it was bad for the human race is right in many ways. Just think of how many jobs we have lost because we eliminated them with technology.

4. i watched ultimate facotries the other day and the assembly lines were done 80% by robots or machines of sorts. seems like jobs are getting harder and harder to find. the post office is about to go out of bussiness..

5. Just think of it, before long our need to multiply will inspire a space race to other plants to colonize.

Anyone excited to live in a space ship for a few years, just to get to a new mysterious planet?

:smoking:

6. Technology is not the cause of anyone losing jobs; on the contrary, without technology, there wouldn't BE any jobs besides gathering food, water, protection, and a mate. Technology now simply changes the jobs.

OP, nobody knows when/if it will stop. Maybe it will take a disastrous global event. It could happen randomly. Something could spark it. Any of these things could happen to the opposite extreme. Who knows man.

7. Its how we use technology.. Thats the problem.