When will it stop growing?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by henseleit, Jun 2, 2012.

1. I am doing my first grow using ebb and flow in my bathroom closet and switched to flowering 2 weeks ago. Im starting to see small buds growing but the plant is still growing up at a very fast rate...It has literally grown 14" in the last 5 days!!! I am using GH products and was in transition at 2tsp/gal for Gro, Micro and Bloom until today I changed to Bloom schedule which only calls for 1 part Gro which I am praying will put the brakes on its vertical growth. The plant is almost 5 and a half feet high and I only have another 14" or so to the top of the ceiling. I am using 4 bulb 24" T5 and 2 35W 3900K CFL on the side. Does anyone have any suggestions to slow down its vertical growth without affecting flowering?

2. look up supercropping asap then

3. From what I read it shouldnt be done during flowering. I have buds growing...will this affect this growth? I am afraid at this point to cut anything thats green.

4. Well first off, you do not say what strain...
    Cannabis (depending on strain) will stretch for the first 20-45 days...
    Indica will stretch less than a Sativa would stretch..

So I'm going to say normal until we know what strain you're talking about here...

5. Its an 80/20 Sativa called Daddys Girl from Kiwi Seeds

6. Sativas stretch a lot. My haze tripled in size. And I still have at least a month

7. Once it starts flowering about how long till it can be harvested?

8. I would say maybe 8-9 weeks of flowering and it would be ready to harvest, but I have never worked with the strain daddy's girl. Just wait to see when the hairs have turned brownish/amber and the resin heads have cleared up and are not super cloudy. You don't want to risk harvesting it early.

9. Sativa's tend to take longer to finish flowering, so I think you might be looking at more than 8-9 weeks before you will harvest, but not much. You are in your second week now, so you will probably have another week or so of the stretch, then it should stop and focus on the plumping up your buds.

I had the same thing happen on my last grow, they grew so fast and so big, that I was really pushing the lights up as far as they could go, then when they could not go any further, the stretch finally stopped, but I was certainly sweating it!

10. Bud blood helps stop stretch