when to water...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by eroc, Nov 27, 2006.

1. hey wats up everyone...quick question- when during the light/dark cycle do you water your girls? when should i water when my plants are on 12/12 and when on 18/6? beginning of light cycle, middle, end? just wondering if there are diff. ideas of when to water.....thx and good growing:smoking:

2. you should water at lights on ...but it really depends on how much root space the plant has
    & how compact the soil is ....i have gone 10 dys with out watering my seedlings (planted in styro cups) at a temp of 24 cel

a heavy flowering plant that has rooted its pot pretty much ....need's water every day & once a week you should let the water run out abit from the pots ..not too much !!!

maybe about 2 cups to wash out salts that have formed at the bottom of the pot
    never feed your plants when they are thirsty ..give them a little drink first & then feed

so plants like these get watered about every 3 - 5 days at temp of 27 cel

peace John

Attached Files:

3. Watering is easy.

4. 1 foot = 20 ounces of water
    2 feet = 30 ounces of water
    3 feet = 40 ounces of water
    As long as plant is under 5 feet, 40-50 ounces of water should be good every 2-3 days.

I like to wait till the soil is super dry and some of the leaves show symptoms. Than I blast em with 40 ounces in half hour later, they are perky as fuck. Gluck

5. i water plain water on wed

nute on saturday

you want to water when they look sad

6. do u guys like to water fairly earlier in the day cycle(like soon after the lights switch on), towards the middle, or near when the lights will be shutting off?? thats more wat i was wondering

7. I water my flowering plants with 64oz of water/nutes every 3 days when the light first comes on. They are in 5 gallons of soil.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hmmm...I water my plants when the soil is dried out and the plants look thirsty, not after a certain number of days goes by. And I water until the soil is saturated, I don't give a pre-measured amount every time. Granted, this does work out to pretty even time intervals and water amounts, but the point is to go by what your plant and soil are telling you not what the calendar and measuring cup say.

I am not too anal about exact watering times. I do water in the first 3-4 hours of the light period but not necessarily at the very beginning.