When to transplant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Xcuz, May 10, 2013.

1. I'm going to germinate 3 seeds. Then I'm going to plant 2 of them in their own solo cup full of moist Ocean Forest. Also they'll both be under a 40W CFL. However I am not able to grow indoors so I intend on growing them outdoors.

So, when should I transplant them to holes? And how should I let them adjust to sunlight?

2. Depends how big you want to harvest and where on earth you are. But around now everybody is planting outdoors after the last frost (depends on your lat and climate) to get big veg before the light starts fading and flips to flower.

Did you already read this? http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-...times-photoperiod-latitude-how-all-works.html

You'll at least want to transplant before they get root bound in the solo cup. You can make a mini greenhouse to keep them safer while they're young and help them acclimate.

3. anytime after 2weeks of age

4. #4 Xcuz, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
    I'm planting auto flowers. Specifically Auto Mazar, but I live in Alabama so the summers are pretty humid and hot. I know I'll need to kind of ween them to sunlight but I'm not sure how.

5. if you're growing with lights then u leave the plants outside in the shade for 1-2 days then they can handle a full dosage of sun from there on....its called hardening off

6. What Fari Warrior said is one of the most important steps IMHO.

7. Thank you. This is the exact answer I was looking for. :D

8. when the roots are around the side of the pot. or if you have holes oin the bottem of the pot and you can see the roots