When to transplant seedlings

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gregmagnu, Oct 23, 2012.

1. My seedlings are 12 days old with germination, theyre in small square inch pots that are like 8 inches or so. Im going to be using 5 gallon smart pots. So when do you guys think i should transplant?

2. Yes Absolutly they've been in there too long. I personally pop the seed directly into the five gallon buckets they spend their entire lives in. That way there's no slow down due to transplant shock. Your gonna bury the cube? Or is it a hydro setup.

3. Sorry just noticed. I also use smart pits. Well I'm using one anyway. Last grow I used three gal smart pots and buried the whole smart pot into five gal buckets
    This time I've got a five gallon smart pot I may pop into a seven gallon bag. It's pretty cool how the roots grow right through the sides and bottom of the smart pots.
    Twelve days bro you need to bury those cubes now

4. Okay thanks for the info, i transplanted them. Do you think the plant will stop growing or they will be stressed a lot?

5. greg, they'll be fine. You said they were 8 inch pots? Do you mean like a 4x4? Either way, that's plenty of room for a 12 day old seedling, so they won't be stunted or stop growing. Just give them a day or two to adjust to their new home. Glad you had success with your seeds this time!

6. probably means 8" across/tall, I have some 9" that come out to 2.25gal or so

7. I dont now what to call it but its definately under a gallon. I guesse you can say the bottom slims down more the lower the part of the pot is.