When to take clones!?!-pics.pics.pics

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by waffleheaddd, Aug 28, 2009.

1. these are Bella Ciao clones from Tiki seeds. Cuts off 1st. gen. mother. When should i take my clones to keep this strain strong. From what i have read, it is a very hearty strain.It is a strain from Tiki Seeds...:smoke:

these were cut around 30 days ago--- i need some help...what would you do?:smoke:

Attached Files:

2. You can take them right now if you want. Anytime up until you switch them to flower. Even after if you must, but they root faster while still in veg stage.

3. You can really take clones at any time, except after about three weeks of flowering I wouldnt try it. Your plants look like they are growing bushy and with multiple tops, which is ideal for cloning. Wait a couple more weeks until the plants bush a bit more and develop more nodes. Why don't you pick a plant and keep it as a mother?

4. i actually thought of keeping #2 as a mom. i am glad you mentioned that. i am no a new grower, but i have no experience in keeping genetics from harvest to harvest... thanks for help city

5. If you want to keep those genetics going just keep a small sectioned off space for the mother plant. I love clones cause there is no guess as far as sex.

6. Take clones from all of your plants. Record which clones came from which plants and then only keep the clones from the strongest plant. You can use one of those as a mother, or continually take clones from each crop just before you put them into flower.

There's no sense continuing the genetics of poorly performing plants.

7. I assume he would pick one of the most vigorous growing plants.

8. sometimes the best in veg aren't the best producers at harvest.

9. so, if you have a mother plant that you didnt put threw flowering and dont know the sex. how can you know what sex it is?

i would assume you'd have to put it threw flowering untill you verified it was 100% female with no hermi or male pods on it to be able to know it is a good mother. correct?

this is what i did . i took the 2 best looking blooming plants i had that showed no sign of hermi. they were the only 2 plants that were 100% female (or so i hope) and i took them at week 3 of flowering. they are almost completely converted back to veg and its been 3 weeks. i have already taken clones from them, though that was when they were flowering. the clones took 14 days to show roots. but are doing good.

10. clearly you need to know the sex of your mother. This isn't too difficult to figure out folks.

11. yeah dude... without a doubt i would cut from the strongest. and hopefully have the strongest be a mother. Both are Bella Ciao but i will take the advice and cut from both just to make sure i get strong-rooted clones.
    thanks again for your help hommies

12. Both are female--both are clones off of a female... so... yeah--- it isn't too hard to figure out sex-
    thanks for reply

13. I assume nothing on grow boards.

Didn't mean to talk down to you. A lot of people read these.

Some people grow from seed every crop, I don't understand why.

14. Hey man- ditto- I didn't reply in my own thread to demean anyone dude. I really appreciate your input, no matter who reads these things. I am not some arrogant douche that knows everything there is to know. No one does. That is why i post questions. Thanks for your reply broseph.:smoke:

15. the way i look for strong clones is the plant, which ever one is sayin "hey look at me, i make these others look like there 2 or 3 weeks back" and the ones wit thick arms and trunks r usally the best. and always go for the ones on the bottom first since those arent gona get much light in the flower stage.

16. Actually the thicker and hardier the stem you cut the longer it will take to root. The softer stems which usually are a bit thinner actually will root quite a bit quicker.

17. important info-- thanks man

18. ok- so go for the stems that are soft, which are typically the ones that are hidden from light. Like Blazin; said---thanks for info man

19. Hello,
    Can Anyone Tell Me Exactly Where & What To Cut. Like The Thread Says How About A Picture Showing Where & What To Cut.
    Thank You
    Longhair1

20. after your plants are around 2 months or older you can take cuttings. they must be in veg and have plenty of branches to choose from. I just took my first cuttings the other day (have pics on thread)- you cut so you have at least 2 leaf sets above your growing medium, and so you have a node or two below surface... these are what produce roots when you use a root gel or liquid... just cut the older, but less-likely to produce a huge bud branches about 3-4"... be sure to work quick- i would read up on cloning if i were you....:smoke: