when to switch nutes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Mothernature33, Aug 2, 2012.

1. hey everyone, when is it recommended to switch the vegetative state nutes to the blooming/flowering ones? I have pistils on my plants, is it too early to switch? thanks

2. Youll get different opinions on this question Mother, but here's mine. Its too early. There is a great deal of growth and stretching that will occur over the next 3-4 weeks and the plants need considerable nitrogen to opitimize that growth period. I keep my high nitro ferts going until the 3-4th week of flower and then i switch over to bloom nutes for about 3-4 weeks and then i quit a couple of weeks before harvest.

Thats what i do. Good luck

3. oh shit i just gave a couple of mine that were preflowering hard some flower fert..

4. thanks for the answer to my question didnt even have to make a thread

5. [quote name='"clodhopper"']Youll get different opinions on this question Mother, but here's mine. Its too early. There is a great deal of growth and stretching that will occur over the next 3-4 weeks and the plants need considerable nitrogen to opitimize that growth period. I keep my high nitro ferts going until the 3-4th week of flower and then i switch over to bloom nutes for about 3-4 weeks and then i quit a couple of weeks before harvest.

Thats what i do. Good luck[/quote]

aight man, that makes sense. I'll probably change depending on when I see them needing it after the buds really start forming in 3-4 weeks like you said. thanks for the advice

6. [quote name='"ccsavage"']oh shit i just gave a couple of mine that were preflowering hard some flower fert..[/quote]

No harm done.