When to stop training after the flip?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Peely, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Good day all,

I’m in my 8th week from breaking soil now. I’ve had my plants tied down for a while now and I’m looking to flip the lighting any time now and swap bulbs.

Do I set the girls free before I change the cycle or do I continue with the LTS, at what point is it best to let them loose?

All help appreciated, thanks.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's recommended to continue with the LST much longer than that. Reason is because once you flip, your plant will go into the flowering stretch, then the bud-swelling phase. You want to make sure your canopy is nice and even throughout the growth so all your buds get an even amount of light.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the reply. I’ve been researching and got the same answer, LST up to maybe week 4 of flower I think.

I’m still not sure when I want to flip though, I’m hoping to do it in the next week but I don’t want to flip too early and miss out on a better crop.

4. Might have to be sooner than I think, it’s 40cm tall now but the main stem is 50cm long, tied down it stands 40 tall so if it doubles and a bit may get as tall as 80-100cm.

Might have to be next day or two.

5. You said you're on their 8th week from seed? They look pretty ready to flip anytime to me. Are you waiting for more potential bud sites before you flip?

6. I was purely going of Royal Queen Seeds website which said its best to veg plants from seed for 60 days. This was generalised info and not specific for these seeds, I wasn’t sure if they were referring more to outdoor grows?

I’m dying to switch the cycle and see the stretch, this is 8th week and they each look like they have around 13-14 bud sites each.

7. Never heard of that before. Growers usually veg for as long as they feel like, then switch. Never heard of a strain suggesting to veg for that long. Seems like a really long veg time to be honest lol.

8. put the scrog mate its better than lsting during flower.. faster easier work for better more accurate results

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

9. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Good evening all,

I flipped the lights 2 weeks ago today, these are the updated pics. They have grown a little since the change in cycle and I still have them tied down.

At what point can I be confident they won’t grow too much too quickly, I’ve about maybe 6 inches of vertical growth space left I think. Also at what point am I safe to take the ties out and set them free?

They were about two month from sprout to flip, grown in soil, both fem photos, tied down about a month plus now.

All help appreciated, thanks.

10. The canopy is pretty even right now and I’d love it to stay that way. Do I need to take the ties off at all and if I do will the canopy continue to grow at an even pace?

Thank you

11. really good job there buddy looks like your heading for a nice harvest you going to get some nice colas buddy good luck :)

12. Thank you Progro, I’m hoping for a nice harvest, I’ve enjoyed this grow much more than the autos I tried first time round.

What are your thoughts on taking the ties out? I’m 17 days from flip now?

13. autos arent for first time growers imo maybe for limited experience 1-2 grows im not saying autos are bad bc there not they just demand abit of tlc i just think there not for novice growers much more control with photo period plants

• Like Like x 1
  14. You say you have 6 inches left of grow space why you want to remove the ties? Its not hurting them. Keep it like that till harvest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Hate Autos, prefer to control the size of my plant. I tell my plants when they're going to flower, i aint no plant's bitch! Lol. Looks great bro! Great effort!

Projected from my Asshole by the light that shines out of it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Thanks guys, what are you growing?

Are any of you using QBs?

17. I often let loose a branch I had tied down so it catches up more to others to help even out the canopy and then tie it down again when it reaches the height I want.

Those are some nice looking beauties Peely. Definitely gonna reward your efforts come harvest time!

I haven't tried to grow autos. I'm with Joey above. Lmao I enjoy the training process and being able to maximize each plant's potential output.

• Like Like x 1