When to stop feeding?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jackmir, Aug 7, 2012.

1. My strain takes about 8 weeks of flowering to ripen up.
    When should I stop feeding? How long do I flush to soil for before harvest?

2. Stop feeding 2 weeks prior to harvest. Just water regularly for the two weeks before the chop.

3. if you use a flushing solution it helps flush it out faster so you can run nutes up until about 7 days until harvest...it makes a difference for the extra week of nutes

4. It all depends on what you are growing in as well. soil takes longer to flush, than hydro.

I read a great thread once here, I can't find it, but it was about flushing, vs, a gradual drop. He made some really great points like if you just cut off a plants nutes, she will hold and ration as much of the nutes she has remaining in her stashes. This will eventually lead to still having a remainder of nutes during harvest. Where as if you gradually give your girls less and less nutes until (I believe he was doing 3 day) the very end there will me even smaller amounts of nutes during the harvest.

The post was way more articulate, and had references with proof in other types of plants. I suggest looking for it, too bad it is a few years old.

Good Luck it is a great read.

5. A good flush through two weeks before in soil is needed as the above user said the plant will hold what it needs if she aint gettin none, then just water for the last two weeks to flush as much out as you can, nutes will stip weed burning quicker because plants turn nutes into sugars an it will give a harsh taste to the final product :)