When To Start Tiger Bloom

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Δelta9, Jan 24, 2010.

1. On the Fox Farm feeding schedule it has Tiger Bloom feedings starting as soon as the switch to 12/12. I have also heard to only start Tiger Bloom after visible flowering starts or pistils can be seen. Which one is better?

I am using the Fox Farm Trio in 70% Ocean Forest 30% Light Warrior

Δ

2. i would start a week before you start flowering

3. i just did what the schedule said.

4. I agree... I like to give them what they ae gona need the week before the flip... then they are all set to flower

5. When I've used the FF trio I started Tiger at first feeding after 12/12 flip. In many cases the plants usually are showing pistils pretty soon anyway.

It can't be "wrong" to follow the directions. Is there some other way that's better? I don't know.

But, a few things to keep in mind:

You can't necessarily follow the directions of many ferts properly, they assume your watering schedule matches up with feedings per week. For example, my waterings are every 5-6 days, so I take the general idea from the fert directions and use it every other watering, which means feeding every 10-12 days and doesn't match to a "weekly" schedule.

By the same token, that first feeding may not be until pistils are showing anyway, or close to it. Depends how long you veg out and how ready the plants are when you flip. Also depends if you flush between veg and 12/12 -- if you do (and you should if you had any nute or pH problems during veg or if you used chemical ferts during veg in any event), then that counts as a watering (more likely a "super watering"), so your first feeding will be several days or more into 12/12 anyway.

6. Okay thanks everybody. I think I'll probably do a quarter strength feeding of Tiger Bloom for the last feeding before the switch.

7. yeah eather way it shouldnt hurt anything.