when to start nutes/ changing light cycle (pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LeTiTgRow440, Oct 24, 2008.

1. ok guys, im in need of a little help, im thinking my plants about 3 weeks old, not really sure, but i need to know when to start my nute cycle, i listed some pics below of the plant and the different nutes i have, its beens on 24hr cycle since i planted it, i know im not really giving you guys to much info but if you guys have any tips it would sure help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. You should start nutes when the cotyledon (the two little round leaves) die. My guess is that you should start nutes ASAP. Unless you are using pre-ferted soil.

The plant food you have is not high enough in Nitrogen. For vegging you want more than a 3-3-3 N-P-K value. Some people like a 20-20-20 N-P-K, others like something like 20-8-16. But, whatever you get, make sure the N value is above 16 or so.

3. yah i like to use a 20-20-20 during veg

it looks like you are already having some nute burn going on or something plus your plant should be a lil bigger then that at 3 weeks old
    what kind of soil are you using? have you added nutes already? whats your PH level? your plant is defiantly sick

4. yes i added nutes awhile back, just a little, didnt know it wasnt time for them.
    and three of my other plants died, and this one looked way worse then it does now, im pretty sure this one is going to make it, because its starting to sprout new leaves, or it looks that way to me, cant really tell in the pic. i did change it to different soil as soon as it got sick, i used some soil from my local nursery , thats pre mixed with perlite, i also used worm castings and some moss, with 50% soil 25% moss and 25% wormcastings. i bought the bone meal, because the lady at the nursery, said it was packed full of nitro, but im not sure if the soil has nutes already in it or not, my plant did make a HUGE improvement went i moved it into this soil though, it seems like pretty good soil, nice and soft, and ph is about 7

5. PH of 7 is a bit high when ever you make a soil cocktail using nutrents such as bone meal then you should test the soil for N-P-K and PH... I'd say just feed it normal PH balanced water until you get 3-4 alternating leaf nodes above the burnt part. or you can just start over. or you can do both so if this one doesn't make it you'll have another plant already in the works

6. ya, i should just add, that the tester im using is one i picked up at the nursery and it looks pretty cheesy, any good way to calibrate this to see if its working right? its called a Rapitest mini ph/moisture, its the one of the ones with the two prongs one prong is metal and the other is another metal, i also have a tds-3 meter tds/temp but i dont really know how to use it or what it reads besides temp. i really really appreciate the help, sorry to make you guys have to babysit! :smoke: