when to start giving plant flowing ferts

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 319727, Aug 2, 2010.

1. hey guys i bought some of that dnf flowing and budding nutrients, and i was wondering when to start to give the plant that nutrient.. i live in ontario and i wanna no what day the plant starts to flower so i can start to feed it, thanks alot help appreciated...

2. if they have shown sex then start your a bit more north than i am but all mine have shown sex and iv been giving it to them foe about a month

3. thanks man< yeha im starting to see white hairs that are amburing at the tips

4. then nows the time bud start with the new ferts i had a problem when i switched to flowering ferts had a bit of shock so go light on it at first about half of what they say to use and then next time bump up to what they say on the box and youll be good let me know if you need any more help

5. i have been wondering this also... i thought you werent suppose to start flowering ferts until the plants begin budding NOT when they start showing sex. Can somone confirm this?? I am still feeding my plants the vegging ferts and they have been in the ground since may 1st in Pennsylvania. They have not started buddidng yet.

6. During the transition period between flower and veg i do a 50/50 mix of veg and flower ferts for a week or so.

7. Yes... What BurnabyBud said! I have been doing this type of transition between fertilizers between vegetation and flower for years. The plant seems to not be as shocked by the change this way!!

Kisses -
    Hott ;)

8. Seabird Guano is an excellent Veg Fert as well as an excellent Flowering Fert combined with Neptunes Fish & Seaweed. Once I see the Nitrogen level starts to head up then I go to either, Iguana Juice Bloom, Neptunes, or Alaska Fish & MorBloom. Since learning about Fish and Seaweed/Kelp Ferts I have had such smooth growing.

Buy a soil test kit and test to see what nute are low as well as making certain your PH is right. If its not then it does not matter what ferts you pour on your plants aren't able to absorb correctly. You really got to just watch the plants and see what they need. This is my first year growing in a while and I started with a decent organic base and it has been so easy. When I added some Plant Success mycorrhizal granular inoculum and started foilar feeding the Neptunes my nutrients dropped and the plants are just a deep green and growing great. I would jump on these things ASAP. Plus the fact that organic nute's do not affect taste except to make it much better.