when to start flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nunyabizs, Jun 19, 2012.

1. So my baby is no longer a baby, she's 8 or 9 weeks old, and juust shy of 2 feet tall, and looking great, she's gotten her top and unevenly staggered branch formations, I'm thiiinking its time for her to start lookin pretty(er) but id just like to make sure I'm right in my assessment

2. go for it, pics would be cool

3. :wave: Put her on 12/12, it may take a week or two before she starts to flower anyway and she will grow more :smoke:

4. Allright, now here's a slightly more difficult question, iv got a dozen seedling, idk if they'll be females, or what, I'm wondering two things, first, is there a way to tell the sex early on, and two at what point would cross polination be somthing to worry about (like can a seedling male rruin or contaminate a mature plant?

5. I've heard of flowering plants early to find sex, then switch em back to 18/6. Not sure if it causes stress. But you can grow them out in veg and after a while they will show sex, or even flower them and you'll be able to pick out the males early enough as long as you don't let them go.

6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok so I haaadnt really checked on her in a while and wwhat I thought were the beginings of the pistoles are still really just smalll leaf like things, does this mean she's a he? And I just realized she's only 6 weeks old, so would the "hairs" I was expectingg even be in yet? I tried figureing it out myself and couldnt

7. both have those, most likley wont ever grow either from there, youll be looking in the newer growth for signs,,,, also i personally take clones from my seedling ASAP, then label them and send then 12/12 (after they root) most of the time females will show there pistils around the same time as the clones anyways but :)