when to start 12/12??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by atsar, Mar 15, 2007.

1. any suggestions to when i should start 12/12 with this plant,the pots a little over 3 gallons i think and that's the pot it's going to stay in so i don't want it getting too big for the pot,not sure how long it's been vegging as it was a clone and i don't know how long it took to root,any suggestions welcome
    thanks
    stef

Attached Files:

2. You just gotta figure how much room, vertically, you have to work with. Figure your plant will double or even tripple in height when you make the switch to 12/12. Regarding the 3 gallon pot; I've only used three gallons for all my grows. I never had a problem with it, I just didnt have much room in my closet and so I decided to go with smaller containers to save space. I usually started floweing when my plant was @12 inches. I had about 4ft of height and was using a 400watt switchable. Hope this helps.

3. thanks for the reply

i too have had success in the pot size i'm using for this one,it's just that this plant has been vegged to considerably bigger than any of my others,it's been topped and the 2 main shoots that came from it have been lst'ed giving over 20 tops showing through,and i'm thinking bigger plant bigger roots

the tops are all between 7 and 8 inches from the soil,though i'd say there's way more than 12 inches vertical growth,but for the fact i tied the 2 tops down

i don't have a great deal of vertical space but that aint an issue,there's enough for a 3 foot plant as it stands and can be adjusted for a 4 foot plant,including a 400 w hps,i just don't want her to outgrow her pot because i don't have space for a bigger one,the space you see now will be used for a sog experiment using 1 gallon pots