When to set up the MH/HPS 400W

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Specialz232, Sep 14, 2010.

1. I got a set up running now with a new strain Train Wreckage from Attitude Seeds trying to see if i can get a mother plant, have 3 planted in some rockwol on day 2, and i got two of them already popping out of the cubes. I'm gonna transfer in a Flood and Drain system 2X4 flood Table.

Right now there under a LED UFO while i get them big enough for Veg in the flood and drain, when should i move them under the HPS, and should i go HPS or MH i got the digital bal that could do either.

2. Probably okay to put under strong lights when they have 1 or 2 sets of true leaves.

I'd go MH for veg and HPS for bloom. At least 18 hours of light for veg and down to 12 for bloom.

3. I agree, you can put em under the 400 anytime really just keep it backed off a bit for heat sake ;) MH is the preffered veg light to use but I see many great growers use hps for veg too. The hps generally gives off less heat so you get tighter nodes vegging under it. Just depends on what you want your plants to do. The LEDs are great at supplementing hids though, seems to be the best full spectrum set up imo.

4. i used LED for my last grow, and then finished it off with my 400W HPS came out great, that was a closet grow using fogponics/aeroponics/DWC :) i made my own box haha but this time i feel like doing it right getting a mother plant going and just taking clones and placing them into the Microgarden i picked up this way i can always have 3-4 plants flowering :)

I have a nice tent set up its not very big, it was a 2X4X5 i believe. I got a nice fan in there pulling out the hot air thing is a beast 170 CFM. When i used it in the last grow it made the light cold to the touch BIG FAN! Dont no how it will far removing the heat in the tent but it should be ok.

What are the draw backs if any for Vegging under a HPS vs a MH

5. HPS actually puts out more heat due to the red/orange spectrum. Heat-lamps are very red in color right?

6. hmm maybe its my room then, good thinking Prime.

7. lol i guess that makes sense

8. Im not about to get into it with him...color temp is all Im saying ;)

9. Sorry, I did some other reading and I guess something about the components in a MH make the room a bit hotter. :confused_2: