when to put the plant outside

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RhinoHumpenPand, Aug 16, 2013.

1. around how many weeks/nodes old do yall put your plants outside? id prefer to put it out as early as possible, i dont really want to grow inside that long.thanks

2. I go straight outside after getmination

3. It's August 16th... Little too late to be worrying about specifics.

Just get 20 little plants going outside and you might be able to get a decent harvest.

4. yeah i know, this was just a practice run for me. so its ok to go straight from the rockwool cube inside to outside then? atfer i put it in a dixie cup or something?
    also, my plants are dropping/turning yellow on the bottom leaves, does that mean im just watering it to much? thanks

As long as it's in a safe spot it'll do just fine. Yellowing of the leaves from bottom up is completely normal as the plant matures.

6. oh ok, thats good then lol the bottom leaves are just white at this point tho.  cant really decide if there a big dif between starting in a rovckwool cube or a dixie cup. If it easier to start from a dixie cup, the id probly just do that, rather than going from a cube, to a dixie cup, to the ground. 

7. I literally germinated, then put it in its final pot ( I didn't transplant to bigger pots cuz of size). I made sure it had sun but would get some shade to.

8. Well they'll Be in a 3x3x3 hole so I'm gunna have to keep em in a gallon bag before that. So I'm guessing after germ, rockwool for a week, then a gallon pot, probly keep that under the carport for a week, then through the next week or two gradually move it out into direct sunlight, then into the ground. How's that sound?

9. U can ease it out into the natural sun a little at a time but I'd line the whole with a contractor bag put some holes in it fill it with my soil or w.e I'm using and ou it out there, u know u wont get much but time is still a factor

10. I'm no expert so don't quote or rely on my info it's just my opinion

11. Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks for the help.

12. There is no reason to dig a hole that big my friend. Also unless it is over 100 degrees there you can put them outside immediately I mean prob could even of it was over 100. Anyway should have no ill effects on them. Get em out and get em out asap. All the time indoors and and what not will only slow growth and your running out of time every day. Good luck.

13. They've been out for a few weeks, I'm just preparing for next grow. It's been over 100 most of this summer haha but alright, thanks for the advice! How big of a hole would you say I should grow?

14. Flowing for me starts late aug....right now

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Sweet bro hope its all going good. The 3x 3 would be great got next year. I was going on previous post that led me to believe they were just going out. Had that been the case they wouldn't need that root space. Remember when you go to buy medium next year 3x3x3 is a big hole takes alotta fort to fill.

16. Yeah I dug two holes earlier this years when I was preparing for everything and went out to buy soil. So I went to mix everything in the back of my dad truck and didn't realize how much soil there was, it took me over an hour to mix that shit haha and i still didn't have enough