When to put clones under an HPS light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tug, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Hello, I have a legal medical grow op. I just bought 6 clones from a local medical shop. I currently have them veging under a T-5 CFL bulb. They are about 3 inches tall and my question is at what size do I need to let these cloans grow to before I can throw these babies under my 1000watt HPS light? Any input would be much appreciated.

2. As long as your temps are good you could put them in now..I do that with clones under 1k and they take off and grow fine

3. if your clones have rooted and are starting to grow and have stopped yellowing then you can put them under HPS whenever you want, as the clones came from a dispensary they were probably rooted when you got them so veg away....

4. if you are going to veg them i would use MH or Daylight CFL's as this is the light they would have in the spring or early summer .i would veg until they are 18" high and top a couple of times to make them bushy .
    if you want to Flower and change to 12/12 i would use HPS but with 3 " high plants your only going to have are tiny plants with nothing to show for the cost and time spent --Erb