When to plant seeds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ShastaOrganics, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Hello all, so I have a handful of some good seeds from a buddy and I'm going to plant them directly in the dirt this year in my outdoor beds, I was told as long as I have around 13 hrs of light and I'm after the last frost that I should be plenty safe to plant without problems. Is this true? I usually plant clones out in the middle of may where I am, we are 8 days into April and have exactly 13 hours of light. Were having a slight storm roll over us this week, and I was thinking when it passes that ill put my beans in there place and see what happens, Or should I wait till may when I throw my clones out to plant my seeds?

2. If you're trying to have the highest chance of success I would start them indoors, if you have a good window and some funds to buy a supplementary light, then put them outside along with the clones when they're a couple inches tall and strong.

3. Thanks Guy. Sounds like a good idea.

4. Hey how far away should I keep my T5 from the top of my soil when starting seeds inside?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Was wondering the same myself. I have some auto seeds already sprouted but they are only 1/2 tall, with my single t5 about 3-4 inches away.

6. I started my mothers for this years go around about 45 days ago...I kept my CFLs about 3-4 inches away @ that time...just finished taking my first batch of clones...ill be germinating some more seeds this week to hopefully have everything outside by end of April early May... But I would defiantly recommend starting your plants indoors if possible

7. The T5 should be about 2-3 inches away the closer you can get them the better. I put them about 2 inches away with a fan blowing on the tops and sometimes they grow within a inch of the lights no problems.