When to just give up?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by zonked, Jan 7, 2010.

1. #1 zonked, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
    For about 4 years now, i have been in "love" with a close friend of mine. At one time i told her how i loved and cared about her a lot. She basically told me she loved me and i am special to her but right now she wasnt in the right point of her life to have a boyfriend. She said that in a few years she may feel as i do, but at the current time she thinks we should be friends.

at first i took the news pretty badly. But as the months have moved by i try to stay positive. I've gone through the reasons why she gave me the answer she did and i've came to the conclusion that i went wrong somewhere. But more to the point, i have tried to move on, go to other girls, but i just cant. There is something in her so much better than any other girl i've met. i sometimes consider that maybe im just a despite guy (she is a few years younger than me). But no matter what i cant get her off my mind.

As the months have gone by i have learned to literally hate this girl. I hate seeing her, i hate hearing her voice and general contact with her is sometimes a bit difficult. The whole time i have stayed positive but recently shes been doing crazy shit. Blowing guys at parties, one night stands on the weekends and the list of things just goes on. I care about her so much but have learned that being around her makes my life frustrating and confusing.
    Im starting to think.....should i just give up? and HOW? How do I do that?!

~toke on

2. So has it been 4 years since you've busted a nut? Doing so usually makes everything a bit clearer. But hey, you said it yourself....

"Research found that students with an average grade of “D” or below were more than four times as likely to have used marijuana in the past year as students who reported an average grade of “A."

:confused:

3. Well sounds like shes a whore so yeah you should. Dont talk to her or see her anymore, delete her.

4. dude im in the same situation as you...except this girl isnt a slut...she just has a boyfriend...after getting over all the hurt and what not i just stopped making contact with her...whenever we talk SHE talks to me first...and its usually just small talk...dont engage in deep conversations or anything like that that will rekindle your love for her...tell her what you think of the shit shes doing now...and that you still like her...if she doesnt get it then dude just cut her off...theres no secret that any of us on the internet have to doing it dude...its gonna suck but man its not worth hurting yourself over...for real..try one more time...and be genuine about it...that being with you would be a much smarter and better decision for her than the shit shes doing now...if she doesnt get it then yeah dude...stop contacting her pretty much...dont hate her though...like you said shes younger than you and wants to have some fun too man...hope i helped. peace.