When to harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 3rd Stone, Feb 26, 2003.

1. I've got 4 cloned girls under 220 watts of flos. The "frosting" is almost all still clear with some signs of clouding in a few. The hairs are almost all red and very few are still white. This being told to you from just using a magnifying glass and being my first time, I would greatly appreciate some help regarding what to look for. I have done extensive reading but I want to hear it from people like me. Should I let the tricomes get more amber in color or has the peak past by that time? Is the "peak" the best stone? I've heard there are different highs according to when you cut it.

2. I allways just wait until 80% of the pistols are a redish color
    instead of lookign under a magnafying glass

3. Yeah i'm with stinkbud on this one. If most of the pistols have turned colour, it is time to get snipping. Leaving it any longer will only mean you will be welded to your chair after smoking a joint.
    Happy harvesting!

4. yepyep, sometimes ppl do it a tiny bit ealier but basicly when 80% are changed color

5. take the plant out the room when the light is on, and look at it under a normal light, as the HPS can mask how many look red.....if approx 75% of the pistols look red then i'd be harvesting it.....to put it another way....a plant that's harvested early will still get you high.....one that's harvested too late won't get you as high, if any at all.....Peace out...Sid

6. Is that 80% of all the pistals on ALL the buds or just the top cola? My top cola has turned 80% red but the lower ones are probably 50% red.

7. SNIP THEM OFF AS THEY TURN

8. yeah you can cut off the top cola if you want to finish the rest of the plant, or you could just cut it now and save the top cola....it depends how much buds are lower down......Peace out....Sid

9. I have a strain which has the flowers turning to a reddish orange but another strain in the same big pot is not turning the same colors. It's got milky white flowers and they are coming in slower than the first. Is the second strain still going to turn orangish or will they (flowers) turn to some other color?

10. depends on the strain....what strain is the one that is still white??....ps it could also be because one will flower quicker than the other......Peace out....Sid