When to harvest these buds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NewfDog, Apr 9, 2013.

1. #1 NewfDog, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
    Any Suggestions on when to harvest these buds? These are Platinum OG Kush at 3 weeks of flowering... My best guess is 2 more weeks?
    The buds are about thumb size, should they get bigger? What should I be expecting?

Attached Files:

2. I also have this XJ13 growing in a window. It also started budding about 3 weeks back! This one is not in the tent with the others and is smaller (no room in tent it gets covered by the other plants!

Attached Files:

3. You're looking at about 6 weeks more. Maybe more.

4. High Spaced. Thanks for the info... 6 Weeks... OK.. That should be some awesome bud by then!
    BTW are you into space and rockets? I am also a model rocket builder and NASA fan!

I was thinking that it would be cool to harvest on 4/20 but that looks like to soon!

Attached Files:

5. :smoking::cool:Looks like I am getting closer to harvest? I am thinking 1-2 weeks more?

Attached Files:

6. Get yourself a jewellers loupe and cut it at the exact right time.

[​IMG]

You'll thank yourself for waiting when its done. Higher yield + More potent buds.

Edit: Judging by those pictures, you should probably start checking the trichomes in 3-4 weeks.

7. Thanks. That img helps more then you can imagine! I have a 30X and some are close! Cut a bud last week and the smoke is nice a strong, still heady but a good body stone. Last about 30 min of good head buzz then a few hours of relax and calm. :)

8. Between 8-12 weeks of flower is when you harvest. The trichome chart above is
    Great if your able to look at trichs through a magnifying lens but if not just pluck em at 10 weeks

9. Cool... So I am not ready yet!
    This is my 60X view! The plants are now 9.5 weeks with 4.5 on 12/12 lights. :hello:

Attached Files:

10. Another at 200X! This is so cool!

Attached Files:

11. They look like they should be harvested May 16th at 3:14am, depending on the lunar phase...

Just kidding man - you're getting there.

J

12. There your plants, cut em if you want.
    But for max weight you have 2 weeks to a month easy

13. Not only maximum weight, but the key word here is maturity, NewfDog. Let them do their thing! By letting them mature the aromas and favors will change for the better, they will double or perhaps even triple in weight, the high from smoking it will become much more pronounced, even appearance - ie: "bag appeal" will be much better.

There's really nothing worse than going through all the effort to grow a plant, spending time, money and love to do so and then harvesting it too early. Be patient and you will be rewarded on the other end.

Patience, Grasshopper.

Peace.

J

14. This is so cool! I love this "TOY" microscope!

Attached Files:

15. Getting closer? The wait is getting to me! These are at 60X magnification. Any comments welcome.

Attached Files:

16. are the thricomes retracting into the buds yett?

17. Trichs should be erect when getting close to harvest, and then if u wait too long they slump over. What the hitman meant is that u should wait till the pistils start retracting into the bud not the trichs. If that's some true Og u have 8-9 weeks roughly. I'm In week 4 right now and urs looks like mine. We are about half way there buddy. Good work!

18. Give it 3 more weeks and if u r in need of smoke just cut off a kola bud or 2 dry them and smoke for the next few weeks until u harvest the whole plant , that's what I always end up doing as I usually run out of smoke by the last month of flowering lol.

19. Thanks, they are about 5 weeks of 12/12 now. so a few more it is.

20. I am totally running out and for what I like I can spend an easy 60 just for an 1/8th. And boy that raises the cost of happy! ;)