When to flush and harvest white widow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Inspiration420, Jan 19, 2019.

1. I'm growing some white widow and I heard that they will produce a lot of resin weeks 9 and 10 if you lower the hours of light you give them. I would like to try this but I only want a little bit of amber trichomes. I would also like to flush them for about 2 weeks. Does anyone know if I can let them go for 9 or 10 weeks without getting too many amber trichomes and when I should start flushing them?

2. It all depends on ur grow set up. Environment and everything in between. I’ve had clones. Some get amber around week 7-8. Others was 10w in and zero amber.. same clones two different times. First had more issues the second. Awhile back, hunter maybe mentioned he was many many many many weeks over the suggested harvest time. Ur question should be how long after my trichomes start to turn clear to cloudy will I have b4 they start getting amber? Which even then is just a guesstimate. Can’t wait to see the results document how long it takes for them to change clear to cloudy to amber each grow. As u get better I’m sure u’ll see them get nore on point to the suggested times

3. I'm thinking that I'm going to start flushing them on week 7. There only a little past 3 weeks into flower, but I can post how quickly they change from clear to milky to Amber latter in flowering.

4. Have that time in mind but don’t make it do concrete. It maybe to a few extra weeks. Last thing u wanna do is take food when it still needs it. Why so long on flush if u don’t mind me asking?

5. #5 Inspiration420, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    It's my first grow and I hear a lot of people saying to flush for two weeks. Do you think Its not necessary to flush that long when growing in soil? I have also heard people say a minimum of 1 week for flush. I know their are a lot of variables but if I'm trying to get just a little amber about what color should the trichomes be when I start flush.

6. Some ppl say they don’t flush at all. It all depends on how much and what kinda nutes u used, how well u watered and frequency of plain water for feeding... if u haven’t developed a ton of. Salt build up towards end then u can get buy with a shorter lighter flush

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pictures would help noobs and early growers give opinions and able veteran growers to give u solid advice ;]

• Like Like x 1
  8. with soil flushing is up to two weeks. 2 weeks being ur have a ton of salt build up. If u go easy on nutes in veg and do a good flush b4 12/12 flip with one flush half way thru u can prob get by with a shorter flush. U kinda go by ur leaves. If u start flush at right time the plant will use the fiod in the leaves turning them fall colors. If u start flush to early and stop feeding u may miss out on the fattening of the bud towards the end

• Like Like x 1
  9. i dont really flush my plant/s ..i just give water for the last 7-10 days with say 20% run off ,but i dont really feed the plant/s heavy..,it saves taking gallons of water in the grow room ,,my weed tastes ok too ,never had any one say its not ...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Weeks are guidelines. Go by sight. I usually wait till mostly cloudy and than I flush

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  11. Here is an update on my grow. They are 1 day away from being in the 12/12 light cycle for 6 weeks. The first two pictures are of a random bag seed. It took longer to start flowering and it got orange pistoles before the white widows. It also doesn't look like it's filling out as much as the white widows. The rest of the pictures are of the white widows. 3 of the WWs have pistols that are just starting to turn orange. The 4th WW already has orange pistols. The trichomes are mostly cloudy now too.

Attached Files: