When to flip to 12/12

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jrpbulbrook, May 17, 2019.

1. [​IMG]
    Hey guys second grow here! Almost 7 weeks from seed this sunday. Wondering when to flip to 12 12 with the scrog. Ive done some lst on it but not much. Unfortunately i only have 2 gallon pots to work with so im worried about bud production if i wait too long in veg. Screen is 18 inches from the pots. I can lower it and lst some more if needed. Thanks! (Sorry for the sideways pic)

78degrees
    Soil
    315watt CMH at 24" above canopy
    55% humidity

2. You're not able to get larger pots?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. No im renting the equipment from a company. 1500bucks for 3 grows but they only give you 2 gallon pots for the final pot which is why i was wondering if i should move the net down lower and just flip now. Either way now with a few grows under my belt i can get my own set up and get larger pots. Until then no, im stuck with 2 gallon pots :(

Had i grew before and even had a clue on what to do i would have my own set up but this let me get my feet wet. Also they guarantee the grow...so if you screw up and nute lockout or kill the plants they will let you grow 4 new plants free.

4. Does the company come in, set it all up, and 'flip the switch'?

5. Pretty much yea why? I've had nothing bad about the experience though, im not here to bash on anybody im just here for a few tips. Been a lurker for a little while and the community seems really helpful

6. I'm not familiar with the business model..

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. You still grow your own. I guess the model would be the fact that if you can buy bulk growing equipment and make a pretty half decent tent for 500 to 700 but then turn that profit off 1 grow from a customer + some... Really all you have to do as the company would rent the tents. The customers still have to grow it the only labour would be cleaning and re renting the equipment. Either way for me as an intro its been really good. There's a lot to learn!

8. Thanks... I only wanted to know how that works; that's why I asked.
    It seems, to me, a great idea until I consider the (seemingly) endless 'service phone calls' I'd get.
    I'd be 'married' to every setup I erected.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Renting the Gear? Tell us more I've never heard of that

kind of strange?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lmao yes there has been a few times where ive called for no reason thinking my plants were going to die but not even close (on my first grow) lmao.

Ill explain a bit on my next break in a couple hours.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Do they know what you are growing? if so it seems that they would know that those pots are small. I’ve seen roots outgrow a 5 gallon container. I give all of my plants as much room as possible.

12. Yea they know. I think its just meant for a 2 month veg and 2 month flower roughly. So 2 gallons will get you the 12 ounces they advertise. My first grow my babies got super stunted and still dragged out 7 ounces with some defoilation. Thats why im on here asking when to flip, with these small ass pots. Again, im almost 7 weeks from seed and my mesh is 18 inches. I can lower, lst and flip or wait till week 8 and flip. Also, If i went and repotted am i just using potting soil? (im using nutes so i don't want to go organic this grow....maybbe next one) thanks.

13. As for the equipment rental, you get the tent 4x4x7
    Light 315 lec (cmh)
    Carbon scrubber with venting
    Netting
    Timer
    Thermostat and humidistat
    Pots and soil
    Mini greenhouse with led for seeds
    Jiffi pucks
    Instructions on how to grow and rough timings
    And guarentee you wont lose your plants

I had to buy the humidifier, dehumidifier, ph tester, space heater and i modified the instructions. They dont want you to top or lst or scrog as they are more "advanced" methods.

• Like Like x 1