When to first fertilize?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hazeydaze77, May 1, 2006.

1. How old do you wait for the seedlines to before your first fertilizing?
    Its been a while and I cannot recall.

Thanks

2. i dont know how good of an idea this is, but i fertilize the 2nd or 3rd day the plant has fully emerged from the soil.it works for me

3. I suggest you wait until your plant gets bigger.
    Correct me if im wrong, but 6 inches sounds about right to me.
    You need fertilizer high in nitrogen for Veg stage.

4. i could be wrong as I am asking for advice. But I think i used to wait about 3wks or so... .maybe till it had teh 2nd set of real leaves..

5. Too soon, fert burn dead plant.
    I do agree, wait until it has a few set of leaves.
    You wont NEED fert for a while it will help, I just started fertilizing mine and it's over a foot tall.

6. 2.5 - 3 weeks.

7. Agreed at around 3 weeks.

Read up, I know I just answered the same question in the last few days.

8. i pump my plants but after a week i usually use a very week fert usually bout 1/5 to 1/4 strength

9. my plant is at three weeks now and im ready to start ferting but i believe my ferts are for the flowering stage. One is 5-30-5 and the other is 12-48-8. Can i use either of these for now? Which one? Should i just go get some different ferts? lemme know

10. You are right, both of those are for flower. Very simple way to tell: first number (N=nitrogen) higher for veg, second number (P=phosphorous) higher for flower. If the numbers are all the same (such as 10-10-10) that's OK for veg as well.

11. nope. you want a big number for the first number and lower numbers for the other two.

12. ive found that a good starter water solution is this,,,, if you have a fish tank,, drain the water,, into 5 gal. bottles,,,before watering swish the fish water around in the bottle to stir the shit up real good,,,,pour it in your container all brown looking,,, the store bought fish emulsion the n.p.k. is 5-1-1 ive used cleaned fish water in so many of my outdoor grows it aint funny,,,, your plant will respond to fish emulsions in its youngest of days..this stuff dont smell like a rose,,,,, it aint really strong to me,,,but once it goes in your soil,,,, its gone...:wave: :D