When to feed in soilless with no amendments

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dankaho1ic, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Whats up blades?

I'm using Black Gold Seedling Mix which is Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss, Perlite, Dolomitic Lime and nothing else.

It seems similar to Pro-Mix HP minus the Mycorrhizae.

My question is since there are no nutrients in this mix when is the first time I should feed them?

I will be using the Fox Farm Trio, but I imagine their first dose will be 1/4 strength Grow Big and Big Bloom.

Thanks in advance.

2. Sorry its 4 parts seedling mix and 1 part added perlite.

They are in solo cups and I plan on transplanting at three weeks into FFOF soil.

They are only 9 days old at this point.

3. One of my growing friends uses Pro-Mix and says I should already be following the Fox Farm feeding schedule at 1/4 strength since there are no nutrients in my medium.

I'm just really afraid of feeding to early and burning them.

4. Hey there

Am a newbie to this and using pro mix hp myself so looking forward to hearing some answers,i have canna vega for vegging nutes and not sure when to apply them,i think ill be keeping it as simple as possible for my first grow

5. Maybe someone has the answer...

6. Don't feed them until their cotyledons start turning yellow. That means they're hungry. that's around week 3-4 of veg