When to clone??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trillyen, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Ok, i watched the how to grow chronic series on youtube, but it seems like his plant was awfully big for 1 month and 2 weeks old for the first clone.

I was just wondering when is the best time and where to clone at??? Im thinking from the main stem is gonna be the best, especially since im trying to keep my plants in my veg room to a minimal height.

Should i always have 4 nodes under the tops of my clone, is this a rule of thumb, or can i go under the 4 node rule???

thank you guys in advance!!

2. Grow the plant vegetatively until it has at least five internodes before you take a clone. Select cuttings from the most vigorously growing portion of the plant; this is where the highest concentration of auxins (growth hormones) are found. Plants cloned after showing preflowers will take longer to root as well as have to revert back to vegetative growth. You can go less than 4 nodes, as long as you have at least 1 node under the soil/growing medium. Did I answer them all? If not:

http://www.growfaq.net/index.php?action=show&cat=22&seite=1

3. yes that helps very much so i was just trying to remember i think i wanna take my first clone about 3 internodes, and im hoping that will be good and as u said i should be just fine.

thats a big relief thank u very much!!!

4. Be careful with the advice you get from the "I Grow Cronic" video. I am amazed that knuckle-head is able to harvest at all with the shit he does. Spraying club soda on plants is just dumb. Don't get me started!

Ready Set Grow might be a better choice.

5. thanks rumple ill have to check that ready set grow out

any advice from u about my cloning???

6. try to only clone from young vegatative plants and not older plants as there is less likelihood of cloning a bad plant with mutations. from the cannibis breeders bible.
    grins and smiles :)

7. This guide totally contradicts what you just said.

Bonsai Mums: A Guide - Grasscity.com Forums

8. I dont understand puff, what do u mean dont clone from an older plant???

u mean at first, or not at all, once my mothers get established they will get a few years old before i replace them with a clone from there own plant, in other words my mother the clone!!!