When to clone?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by suasa, Jan 25, 2007.

1. So heres the deal. I started 5 seeds 4 sprouted. I want to have at least 6 females. now you see my dilemma. So what i want to know is how tall should my plant be before i can clone 6 females off of it probably take 8 or 9 to ensure 6 survive. i need to know how tall or approximately how long this will take under 300w of 2700k cfl and reagular flourescent. The sooner the bettter of course i am hoping i can get these clones within 4 or 5 weeks. So please tell me how tall my plants should be before i sex then and take the clones off of the female. She will then go in a different room in the shop under one 42w cfl to keep her alive and she will be the future mother. Thanks guys.

2. you can change lights cycles any height you want and they will start flowering, whenever you have enough nodes to get all the clones you want you can start flowerin

3. The problem with cloning after sexing the plant is that they are in flower at that point and your clones will take a long time to root.

I was in much the same position last week. I had four unsexed plants that I was getting ready to flower (started the switch today) so I just took 3-4 clones from all of them and marked them so I knew what plant they came from. Right now I have 15 unsexed clones. In a couple of weeks I should know the sex of the doner plants. Then I'll repot the female clones and toss the rest.