When to change light

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by smokingNana, Jul 13, 2018.

1. When should I change my light from veg to grow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. when you change from veg to flowering time 12 hours dark 12 hours light ,when you want your plant to start flowering .Indica plant can double their size at flowering sativa/indica hybrids can go to treble their size ,,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
  3. How will I know when it's time

4. #4 Cheddabeast, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Its more a factor of how much room you have in your grow area. Some people veg for a month while I have heard of others going for 3-4 months. The longer you veg the bigger the plant and in theory the bigger the yield. Its all preference really.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. You can change whenever you want. If you want to flower in 1-gallon pots you can. The choice is yours!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. i have a pineapple chunk that has been vegging 12 weeks as of today. she will stay like till my auto is done, so about 4-5 more weeks.

flip the switch when your ready!

7. I let mine veg until I see an alternating node then flip.

8. Usually they hit the size I like at about day 45ish

9. Mac was getting u to think about the space u have. If ur plants are 50% of ur height space u should flip. Some lights will give u bigger stretch. I dont grow in a tent so my plants have plenty of room. I normally veg 6-8 weeks. I get 2 zips per month of veg average. Depends how much weed i have also for when to flip

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Plus its also about what lamp/lights you are using eg; LED .sodium.or CFLs..mac, plus what strength the Lamps are ,,,,,,mac,,

• Like Like x 1
  11. Very true I used to think u get the crazy stretch from hps. Just got over 2 ft of stretch flipping with cmh

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I'm using LED lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. It's 300 watts